Monday, May 23, 2011

Adam's 5 months!

I cannot believe that you are 5 months old already, Adam!  You have grown so quickly and it is amazing.  You're developing new skills everyday and all I can do is watch in awe as you master new things.

Here is what you're up to this month:

  • You have mastered rolling from back to belly, but somehow have "forgotten" how to roll from belly to back, so you get angry and don't even try to roll back to your back.  
  • You can sit mostly unsupported, but I'm afraid you'll fall backwards and hit your head (since you've already done that once!)
  • Everything goes into your mouth
  • While you are on your belly, your little legs move like you're going to crawl, but your arms just aren't strong enough yet.
  • You hold your head up beautifully, and you are starting to push onto your arms while you're on your belly, but still need some work in that area
  • You babble all of the time.  We can tell when you are getting tired because you start to chatter up a storm in a low voice.
  • You chatter yourself to sleep most nights and for most naps.
  • You're quite stubborn and get upset when you don't get your way, ALREADY!
  • You've started baby food.  You hated rice, and loved oatmeal. You've tried Squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, peas and bananas.
  • You smile constantly.  If someone talks to you, you immediately smile. 
  • You can't get enough attention from anyone.  You recognize Mommy and Daddy a mile away.
  • Since you're home with mommy all day long, you get so excited when Daddy gets home.
  • When you wake up in the mornings, you just chatter until someone comes to get you.  You are so happy when we finally do and smile and giggle a lot.
  • Daddy can get you to giggle the most, you love flying in the air and when we play "don't drop the baby".  It's when Daddy pretends like he's going to drop you and you laugh and laugh about it.
  • You're finally sleeping 9-11 hours at night.  Some nights you wake up and we have to help you get back to sleep, but you're doing pretty well.  
  • You're weighing in somewhere around 16.5-17lbs and are probably about 26-27" long, though I haven't measured you yet this month.
  • Lastly, you've started drinking out of a sippy cup, but haven't mastered the idea of it yet.  You get very angry when it doesn't work the way you want it to.
I'm so proud of you little man.  You are so smart and I love watching you develop.  I love each new stage that you embark upon and I cannot wait to watch you learn more new things.  Though, I have a feeling that I'll regret saying that because you are just growing up far too fast! 

We love you with all of our hearts and you have made our lives so much better by being apart of them!

Love,
Mommy & Daddy

    2 comments:

    Lucy Marie said...

    Eva did the same thing - forgot how to roll from her tummy to her back for a while once she learned back to tummmy. Kids = weirdos.

    Murdock's mama said...

    What a doll...thanks for the update! :)