Monday, July 18, 2011

OCD

I'm a bit ocd when it comes to a few things around these here parts.  I don't know if it's because I've trained myself to be this way or because my mom is the opposite and I unconsciously have a need to do these things differently than she did while I was growing up.

Whatever the case may be, my name's Kayla and I'm a little bit OCD.

I have a fear of running out of specific items around the house.  When we get low on these items, I immediately feel a need to restock my supply.

Maybe I should be an extreme couponer and have my own room to keep and organize these items, as to not run out. Plus, then I'd probably be getting them for free which would be way better anyway.

The things I fear of running out of?
Toilet Paper
Paper Towels
Body wash
Toothpaste
Dish soap
Deodorant
Etc...

I HATE running out of these things.  They are all necessities, right?

Seriously, you'll catch me buying not one, not two, but probably 4-5 bottles of body wash at one time (whether they are on sale or not) because I CAN NOT run out of it.

It's a bit odd when you think about it.  I guess growing up, it really sucked when we ran out of toilet paper because Mom forgot to pick it up... Granted, she was a busy woman (Not only was she a mom to two, she worked 12 hour days 5 days a week, did all of the shopping, cleaning, etc...), so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.  If we did run out, it's not like we went days without it, she promptly ran out and got whatever we ran out of.

There you have it.  One of my many odd habits quirks.  If you find me at the store, don't be surprised to find items in multiples of 5, because honestly, who wants to run out of toothpaste??

3 comments:

Taryn said...

Me too- we always have at least one back up of all those items. I don't know why either. We never ran out, but never had stores extra either.

Whit said...

I live alone and I do this too.
I always have a few back-up bottles of body wash and ALWAYS toothpaste and I buy toilet paper in massive quantities.
And it's just me, all the time.

Murdock's mama said...

I am the same way....I'm such a bulk shopper! Me + costco = perfect match! :)