I'm sitting here during my break. I'm subbing at a middle school today and I can't help but think back to when I was in middle school and how different students are today...
somewhere between elementary and college, much of the respect for adults has gone to the wayside.
Sone if the comments I have received throughout the past week of subbibg here and at a high school are:
I'm not doing that
I don't have to listen to you
I f**king hate this teacher.
This is retrarted
I'm just going to skip
I didn't come to class because I didn't feel like it.
Now, I don't know how you treated your teachers in middle and high school, but never in a million years would I have even thought to say these things.
A lot of these kids feel entitled to do whatever they want inside the classroom. I realize I have a strike against me already for being a sub, but come on!
Where has the respect gone? Now, don't get me wrong, there are students that are respectful and do what they are told, but for the most part, they are overshadowed by the other students.
I can't help but pray that I teach adam differently and he is one of the few students that are respectful. God help our future generations, for they are the ones that will be running this country when we are too old to do so.
1 comment:
I know...I thought the same thing when I started substitute teaching. I didn't know if it was the time difference or the fact that it's a much larger school than where I grew up...either way it's VERY sad!! :(
Glad you're able to get a little teaching in!
Post a Comment