Monday, August 20, 2012

Adam- 20 Months

Dear Adam,

You are growing so fast and quickly turning into quite the little "man".  You are an amazing little boy and I am so proud of the person you are growing up to be.

Throughout the past couple months, you have developed a great deal, especially in the language department!  Some of the new words you are saying are:

tink so (I don't think so)
momo (lawn mower)
you wispher bye bye whenever we are in a room and you try to close the door
GO is a new favorite of yours
tik a tik a tik a (tickle tickle tickle)
dity (dirty)
bab y
cracker (you say this clear as day)
cookie
nack (snack)
mo (more)
psss (please)
and even more that I can't remember right now.

You started sleeping in your big boy bed on your 19th month birthday and it went so very smooth! You didn't even bat an eye.  You are waking up a bit earlier and wanting daddy or mamma to cuddle with you in your bed all of the time, but we try to refrain from doing so every night.  You go to bed at 7:30 now and wake up at about 6:00 with one nap around noon for about 1.5 hours.  You sit in your bed and yell MAMA until I come in to get you.

You love to play outside and watch Toy Story 3.  It's your favorite movie.  Tractors, cars, motorcycles and boats are still at the top of your list for most favorite things. 

You've become quite the picky eater in the last couple months which frustrates your mama!  Some days you will eat anything we put in front of you, other days we have to bribe you to eat even one bite... right now we can bribe you with fruit, which is pretty nice. So for every bite of chicken you take, you get a grape.  So, I suppose you're favorite food could be worse than fruit.

You're wearing size 12-18 month pants, but they are still too big in the waste so we had to get you a belt.  12 month are too short, thank goodness! 

You are a growing boy and I love you more than words can express.  I am so blessed that God put you into my life, because now I don't know what I would do without you!

I love you sweet boy, now and forever.

Mama

No comments: