Here's what solids have looked like for us:
- We started with rice cereal which was a big fat fail. Adam hated it and would frown everytime I would put a bite in his mouth.
- Next up was oatmeal. Adam loved oatmeal and still does. We started oatmeal at about 4 months 3 weeks.
- Next we moved on to veggies. I wanted to try as many veggies as we could before we started fruits. He had sweet potatoes (+), squash (-), green beans (+), peas (+), and carrots (-). (+ means he liked it - means he didn't like it)
- After we tried the veggies, we introduced a few fruits after 5 months 2 weeks to put in the mix. So far he's had bananas (+), pears (+), peaches (completed hated these), and apples (+)
- Since he's about 6 months I've started trying to make some of his food. So far I've attempted avocados (+), bananas, and sweet potatoes.
- We also give him mum mum's once in awhile and he loves them. He's finally figured out that when a small piece breaks off in his mouth, he is supposed to chew it and swallow it.
- Once he hits 7 or 8 months maybe we'll introduce some yogurt and a few more fruits and veggies depending on what the doc says.
He is doing very well eating off of a spoon and doesn't quite get the concept of trying to feed himself yet. That's ok though, he'll learn on his own time. He's also doing very well with a sippy cup. We're only allowing him 4oz of water a day and he usually doesn't even drink that much. It seems his appetite for milk has gone down, but I'm also relating that to the crazy 90-100 degree (+10000 degree humidity) weather we're having here in good ol Iowa. Gotta love it.
More updates to come as we dig deeper into the world of new foods!
2 comments:
I loved making Ayden baby food and I can't wait till Ahnie is ready for solids. I would store the baby food in ice cube trays until they were frozen...a couple hours then put them in Ziplock freezer bags. I would have to check but I think they are good for 2 to 3 months. Mine never lasted that long...
I would definally recommend the book Top 100 Baby Pures by Annabel Karmel. It taught me so much about good foods for babies and there were very few receipes that Ayden wouldn't eat! She has a website and other books but that is the one I mainly used!
Good luck! It is so much cheaper and I felt very rewarded knowing what he was eating!
You know that I've had many of the same questions/struggles as you - and so if you ever need to chat about it, lemme know! Now, at almost 9 months, she's still eating a few fruit purees, but everything else is table food for the most part.
Post a Comment