Sunday, June 23, 2013

Playing catch up

I've been a bit MIA in the blog world, but it's because life is So Much Busier with 2!  Seriously, life is busy with one child, but when #2 comes along, it's a whole new world!  We are no longer able to get as much done, because when Jesse has Adam, I still have Olivia and vice versa. 

We're trying to do more family things, because Adam's at the age where he loves to go out and do things.  It's a bit difficult with Olivia, but we're managing.

The second child truly gets the shaft on strict schedules, because we're more on the go with Adam being 2.5.

We checked out the Iowa City Children's museum a few weekends back and Adam LOVED it!  That was also our first day of no nap and let's just say that night was not fun.

I took a part time position with a local non-profit and I am so excited!  It gets me out of the house without the kids and it gives the kids sometime at "school" to socialize with other children and Adam loves it.

It looks as though another trip to China is in Jesse's future for July and I am none too excited about it.

I cannot believe it's almost July!  Where has this year gone??? Um, I have a 7 month old and a 2 & 1/2 year old, how did that happen??

We headed to an out of town wedding yesterday (1.5h away) and at one point, both kids were crying and I couldn't help but hysterically laugh.  I mean, what else can you do?  Jesse contemplated turning around and heading home, but we figured we were only 20 minutes away so we might as well go. The wedding ended up being at a fairgrounds and the building didn't have air and it was HOT and HUMID!  We all made it through and got home at about 8pm.  About 30 minutes past Adam's bedtime and about 1.5h past Olivia's bedtime.  This made for an awful night for Olivia, so we're a bit tired today.

That's all for now, but I hope to check back in more often! 

No comments: