Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lent

So, growing up it wasn't a huge deal in our family to give up something for lent. We aren't Catholic and therefore; we can still eat meat on Fridays, etc... I've decided this year that it would be beneficial and even healthy for me to give something up. I've decided to give up chocolate and cakes. Now, if you don't know me, you wouldn't know my obsession with Chocolate! I love Chocolate Kisses, Hershey Bars, Cookies, any kind of cake, etc... So, it is the start of a long 40 days for me. We'll see if I can do it. I'm sure my husband is doubtful, because there's always something chocolatey or dessert like in our home..... We also have a dinner party tonight where I am in charge of bringing the dessert!! Yikes! It will take some great willpower to pass up something I've made myself.... We'll see how everyone else likes my chocolate cheesecake brownies, as I will hopefully not know how delicious they are! :-)

What have you given up for Lent? Anything? Wish me luck!

No comments: