Wednesday, January 26, 2011

5 weeks postpartum

Well, here we are.... Almost at the 5 week mark for Baby Adam.  I'm feeling pretty good, but at the same time pretty crappy.  Everyone I see comments on how good I look for just having a baby 2, 3, 4 & 5 weeks ago.  That makes me feel good, I still can't fit into my pre-pregnancy pants... I had to go up a pants size.  I have 15 lbs to lose to get to pre-pregnancy weight and I have another week to go before I'm released for physical activities.
I'm sure sooner or later I'll lose the weight, but I hate not being able to see my abs anymore.  I worked hard for those and the fact that I'm going to have to do it all over again seems difficult.  I know I can do it, especially with warmer weather ahead.

I do have to say though, no matter how much weight I have yet to lose, or how I look, it was all totally and completely worth it.  Adam is changing daily and knowing that I was able to help create this beautiful little human being is beyond words.  Even though it's challenging, I wouldn't take any of it back.

So, I'll update more on where I'm at after I get to start working out again.  I cannot wait!  I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, as we no longer have our gym memberships since moving.  We'll see!

Thanks for sticking by my blog, I know posting is minimal, but I'll try to post more as I get time!

4 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

The weight WILL come off. Dont fret. And not being in your old pants by 5 weeks? So totally normal. Girl, by then, I wasn't even in "up a size" pants ... I was still only sporting maternity jeans. You're doing great!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

Amen, girlie....it IS worth it. And our bodies? They just change after a baby. One of those marks of motherhood. You'll lose the weight--but FIVE weeks postpartum is NOTHING!! He's just a little baby still ;)

and momma, i'm thinking you need a new bloggy facelift soon with your littlest being the star :)

Lyryn said...

5 Weeks, your fine. And you are right, SO WORTH IT! Your first pregnancy is always the easies to get off the weight. I was freaking out about the fact that I felt like I wasn't losing it fast enough this time, but then I just realized after I pulled out my journal that I was right where I'm suppose to be. Every woman is different. Some lose it right away, some time longer. I'm begining to just feel ok about that! :)

Kristen said...

if you've only got 15 lbs to lose then you're doing GREAT girl!