6/2/10
I think I'm 10 weeks 6days (more details to follow...)
Today's the big day!! We headed to the doctor for our first actual appointment. They asked some questions and got down to business. We got to hear the heartbeat and it was the coolest thing ever! It totally brought everything into perspective! The heartbeat was about 178 which they said was typical and just right for this time in pregnancy. Based on my last cycle, they think my due date is Dec. 16th, 2010 which would put me at 11 weeks 6 days, but I told her that I haven't had a 4 week cycle since October so I think that their due date is wrong. (Really, I was just secretly hoping they'd do an ultrasound so we could see our baby!) She decided that it would be best to do an ultrasound to get a better idea at when we're due. So, we headed in to do an ultrasound and the monkey was measuring at 11 weeks 1 day (So, 2 days further along than I thought and 5 days ahead of their schedule) They decided that since I wasn't at least a week further than they thought, that they are going to keep my original due date of Dec. 16th.
Anyway, the ultrasound... SO Freaking cool! He/she was moving around in there like crazy and it was so nice to hear the heartbeat and see him/her moving. It definitely made me feel more secure in this pregnancy and took away a lot of my worries (even though some are still there). O and baby's first picture was taken, so cool!
Hubby thought it was pretty cool, but I definitely don't think its hit him like its hit me... It will soon though, I just know it. Maybe when he can see the baby kick!
**For the purpose of keeping things straight, I'm going to go off of weeks as my doctor would see it. So, I'm completely skipping week 11 and heading to week 13 since week 12 was all about the appointment.
6/10/10 13 weeks
Well, I've been feeling great except for still being very tired! I was up at school (3 hours from home), sleeping in a dorm room on a crappy mattress... No fun, but I'd rather be here now than any further along in this pregnancy. My only complaints this week have been the sleeping factor. Other than that, I'm feeling pretty darn good and I actually got out and ran a couple miles this week. I was so afraid of getting my heartrate above the recommended (no higher than) 140, so I stopped running all together and just tried walking. Anyway, my doctor said that since I've been working out before the pregnancy, it would be ok to be around the 170's as long as I could still talk. Amen!
6/12/10
I was feeling alright up until tonight. I had a bachelorette party for my future-SIL and I'm pretty sure that I was one of two people not drinking (another bridesmaid is pregnant) and I'm the only one who got sick! Hello morning sickness (at night!) It was awful! We were at a bar and I was in the bathroom getting rid of all of that delicious food I had eaten that day! Talk about a bummer.... Anyway, I felt better after that and just tried to lay low.
6/13/10
Morning sickness was back again this morning. I had breakfast with my parents and hubby and lets just say French Toast was not as fun coming back up... (sorry for the graphic explanation, but I'm gonna try to be honest throughout this pregnancy, as much as I can anyway!)
We're nearing the end of the 13th week! Tomorrow I get to head home and relax all weekend! I cannot wait!
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sorry to hear about the morning sickness, though it comes with the territory. My old boss used to keep a jar of preggo pops (lollipops) in her office to help with hers. You might see if you can find some of those.
Awwww this post is tagged "Baby Crane"!!! I love it!!!!!
Yeah! Out of 1st tri!
Post a Comment