Monday, June 8, 2009

1 Week Down, 3 to go!

So, back to school I go.... Again tonight. Ugg this being away from home is really getting to me. This class though, is by far, the easiest of all of our classes. It's laid back and structured very differently than all of the other classes. It's all about developing curriculum for School Counselors, I can actually apply exactly what I have learned from this class to my everyday counseling when I get a position. When the class is finished (this Friday!!), we will walk away with 22 different lessons for counseling different developmental ages, along with a variety of different activities, books, ice breakers, ect... to use when we are in the field. I can't wait to begin my counseling career, only one more year to go!

As of June 2010, I can officially get a counseling position with my Class G license, contingent on the fact that I graduate w/in a year with my actual license. So, thats the goal! Then, I'll be able to work and get paid while doing my practicum.

I feel so relieved no longer being a first year grad student, that's for darn sure. I've enjoyed reading all of your posts, sometimes I get behind but I'll eventually get caught up.

In other news: I FINALLY got some of our wedding pictures developed to hang up around the house. I still have yet to order from the photographer, but at least I've got something up.

Hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was spent working on homework, cleaning the house (a little) and doing some laundry. We also grilled out a delicious dinner last night, here's what we had:

Grilled chicken
Grilled Asparagus
Corn on the Cob
Bottle of our favorite wine

Out on the back deck, listening to music and enjoying the beautiful weather. Just what I needed before I head back to class for another 4 days away from home.

Until I have a chance to write again, have a wonderful week ladies!!!

3 comments:

SnoWhite said...

It's the best feeling to no longer be a 1-yr grad student... like no longer being a freshman in HS but better :)

Hope you have a great week!

Lucy Marie said...

I agree with Snow White ... the feeling of no longer being a first year grad student is wonderful!!

Lyryn said...

There were so little classes I liked and felt like I could apply to life in college. Glad that you really like this class. And congrats on almost finishing your first year of grad-school!! Exciting! Your blog is very interesting, hope you don't mind if I stop by here and there! Blessings!!