Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Stress

Ok, so I'm warning you..... This isn't the most exciting/positive post I've ever written... Stop reading now if you do not want to hear me complain.

I've warned you....

Ok, it's day 3 of my 2nd grad class this summer... Those of you who are School Counselors know what I'm talking about, or not... But, this class is about group counseling. It has to be the most draining class I've ever taken. I am so mentally and physically drained I can hardly stay awake in class. First, we are each in charge of running a small group here at a middle school with 4-6 students.... That's not so bad, but then we are in charge of running a small group session (about 10 people) with our peers... Not only do we have to touch on sensitive subjects, but our professor sits in the group with us. We've had non-stop readings (roughly 100-200 pages per night), lessons to plan, among other stuff... I am stressed, to the MAX! I've never felt so unprepared in my life, and I am not ok with that. I like to plan things out, I can go with the flow, but I like to have a plan. She wants us to dig deep with our peers in a counseling session and at this point in my schooling, I do not feel prepared to touch on sensitive issues with my peers. It's different working with children than it is your peers. All I'm saying is wow, tears have been and will be shed throughout the next 5 remaining days in this class.... I don't know if I can get through it, but somehow I have to. It's been a learning experience, that's for sure..

So, forgive me if I have been MIA from the blogging world for a couple weeks now. Things have been rough around here and I cannot wait to just go home and cuddle up on the couch with my husband. I am in need of some major TLC......

Thanks for listening!! I will try to post again sometime soon, but it may not be until after this stressful, emotionally draining class is over!

6 comments:

SnoWhite said...

just wanted to drop you a note of encouragement. Grad school is tough, but just when you think you can't go forward any more, God provides the strength that you need. I'm praying for you this week.

Lucy Marie said...

I will second Snow White's comment. You will find the strength you need to get through it ... just keep trucking, girl.

Angie said...

Yuck!! That does not sound fun! Oh the things we do to get that piece of paper! Just keep thinkin it will be worth it in the end and hang in there! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for finding my blog & entering the giveaway. Best of luck to you!!! The queen bee pillow is darling.

Kayla said...

Thanks so much ladies! ;-)

Lindsay said...

Are you in graduate school for counseling? I am starting graduate school for my MS in Counseling this fall... and by your post about group counseling, I'm not too thrilled! lol