What are your plans for the big Turkey Day? (I don't actually refer to it as that, just an FYI).
Well.... Crazy mama to be here. I will be 37 weeks on Thanksgiving and we are hosting Thanksgiving. Yes, at our house and yes, we are cooking the turkey.... A 22 lb turkey to be exact.
Call me crazy, but this is my favorite holiday! It is the 4th year in a row that we have hosted and I figured heck, I can do it. I can only imagine how tired I will be after getting up at 6am to put the turkey on, followed by finishing my cleaning and making a few side dishes.
Everyone coming is contributing something, so I'm not all alone here. And the hubby is a huge help when it comes to all things Thanksgiving Day.
I just hope I get through the day without having to ditch everyone for a nap... haha
This is the last Thanksgiving that we will be this far away from family, so I couldn't hardly cancel it. My in-laws live 4 hours away and my parents live 1.5 hours away. We will soon live in the same city as my parents and 2.5 hours from my in-laws. So, it will be o so nice.
Will we host next year? Who knows, probably!
Hope you all have big plans for the special day next week. I know I have a lot to be Thankful for, this year especially.
Do you host Thanksgiving? Do you cook? What are your plans?
2 comments:
We are hosting- but nothing too exciting it is just going to be 5 of us. Good luck to you!
I am hosting a dinner tomorrow, we call it our "Mock Thanksgiving" and we have our closest friends over. Always happens the Saturday before Thanksgiving. This year is the first time that I'm asked our guests to each contribute an item so I'm only responsible for the turkey and stuffing. Of course I went ahead and decided I should make a pumpkin pie, sweet potato casserole, and rolls! Defeated the purpose of having everyone else help! lol I hope you have a great time next Thursday!
Post a Comment