Well, I had my 39 week appointment. Didn't go as planned.... (for me anyway! ha) Baby is starting to move down, I'm 1cm dialated and about 50% effaced. I was hoping to be further along, but no such luck.
I actually lost a pound at this last appointment, bringing me to +32 lbs. Crazy!
Doctor said we'll do an ultrasound at my next appointment to check on baby's size and fluid levels and all that jazz and then we'll schedule an induction for the next week (and pray that he comes on his own before then). She said that she's worried about letting me go to long because he may be too big to fit through my little frame.
She estimates him to be about 7.5lbs already and if she let me go another 2 weeks he could be as big as 8.5-9lbs..... I know people deliver babies that big, as my own mother did (I was 9.2) but I am actually a bit smaller than she was when she delivered me.
The doctor threw around the term c-section as a possibility if the baby was too big, she said she wouldn't want me to go through 20 hours of labor, three hours of pushing and then still end up with a c-section anyway.
I figured, I'm not the doctor and whatever is best for baby and me is what she will suggest doing.
So, we should find out more on Tuesday, but if you have time, say a little prayer that he comes on his own before then :-)
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hi beautiful! Don't get down about the 1cm 50% thing--that changes in an instant! (hours...)
I'm not anti c-section...but don't let them worry you too much. Babies are meant to come out of your you-know-what---and have been for yearrrrrrs and years. I'll be praying things progress naturally for you without that type of interjection so all your future babies can be born that way too. It annoys me so many doctors throw that term around so easily...especially with first time moms. My docs included.
thank the LORD that Eme decided to come on her own.
I'll be praying the same for you!
But no matter what---at the end, you're still a mommy :) YAYYYYYYY!
ps: I gained 31lbs total...so we were very close!
Hoping your little man decides to come on his own...soon :)
I will agree with Katie on all counts.
I was 1 cm and 75% effaced at my 41 week appointment. I was holding Evalyn in my arms 27 hours later. :)
And of course the safety of your baby will be #1 and if a section is necessary then that's okay, but I will pray that it doesn't come to that. Your doc hopefully has your best interest at heart - but don't assume that just because he/she is doctor that he/she knows best. YOU know your body and your baby best ...
I'm praying for you for a safe, healthy delivery !!!
Also I gained 37 freakin' pounds ... so you're golden :)
Post a Comment