Thursday, December 16, 2010

Packing help!

Well, it isn't news to you guys that we're in the process of moving and waiting for our little miracle to arrive... So, with moving day scheduled just 3 days after our induction (on Dec. 23rd).... I'm baffeled (I've always wanted to use that word) as to what to pack. 

The moving company cannot guarntee our belongings to be delivered right away, it may be up to 2 weeks before we see our things again.  With that in mind, I have no idea what to pack as far as clothes....  After having your babies (if you've had them), what did you wear?  What sizes?? I know I will still look about 6 months pregnant, but it's hard to remember what things I wore then. Any suggestions of things not to forget either?  For baby or hubby and I?

I'm trying to get all of my ducks in a row, but it's difficult with things being so "up in the air".  Thanks for all of your help in advance!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

I was in serious pain for at least two weeks, and mostly wore yoga pants. I had a pair of maternity jeans that I'd wear to church, but other than that, it was yoga pants, and tank tops. I had an open-front boyfriend cardigan that also got lots of use because it was easy when I was nursing.

Also, I don't know if this is true for everyone or not, but someone told me to buy a package of underwear that were about two sizes bigger than I normally wore...I was so glad that I did. It took forever for me to stop bleeding, and I had to wear the huge hospital pads all the time. It was nice to have underwear that were a little roomy!

Kristen said...

I can't even imagine the stress you're probably going through! For the first couple of weeks after having my kids I mainly stayed in elastic waist pants, flannel pants were my best friend! Nothing too crazy/fitting for a shirt either since I was breastfeeding, need the easy access! lol I would make sure that you have plenty of onesies for the little guy, and blankets... good luck girlie!

Julie said...

Like the other girls said, I lived in flannel pj pants and nursing tanks around the house, and if I had to go out, I wore my maternity jeans and a maternity top that didn't look too "maternity".

You'll have so much going on with a new baby and the move, you won't care what you look like. Most importantly, wear what's comfortable.

And like Meredith said, I was so glad I bought huge underwear just in case of a c-section. I actually needed it and it was nice to have some that didn't bother my incision.

Julie said...

I've been meaning to tell you but keep forgetting...

I'm not sure how far you live from the hospital, but for us this was important. We ended up staying 4 nights in the hospital and R did not pack his bag like that, since we never planned on a c-section. We live an hour away from the hospital, so he had to go out and buy more underwear and t-shirts. If you live a few minutes away it's not a big deal, but we wish we had prepared for a long stay.

Kayla said...

Thanks for all of the help guys! I feel a little better about what to pack now! :-)