Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend update

Well, Friday night we had a date night, as planned. It wasn't the date night we were planning on, but nonetheless, we got to spend some quality time together. We went to eat at my hubby's 2nd favorite place, Panchero's. Haha yes, we went there for our date night! We then went on to Kohl's & Famous Footwear to find some new shoes for myself and for my hubby. It was a huge success! He got one pair form Kohl's and I found 4 pair at Famous Footwear, Yes, nobody in their right mind needs 4 pairs of new shoes, but I loved them all! We then proceeded home and my cousins wife called to see if we wanted to get together to play some cards. We ended up playing cards until 1 am!

Saturday, we slept in together and then Jesse went off to put a few hours in at work. I proceeded to clean the house, do some laundry and work on my paper. We then worked out together and came home to cuddle on the couch to watch a movie. We watched Twilight, finally! It was actually pretty good, it was a little 17 year oldish..... But it was actually pretty good, and Edward Cullen was A-Maz-Ing! :-) As I am sure all of you female readers will agree!! We then headed to the kitchen to make my "famous" spinach dip (which I completely forgot to buy the spinach for!) and Lasagna for Jesse's 4 guy friends he was having over. They ate and then played Call of Duty, which I was allowed to play and actually did quite well! haha It was a pretty fun night.

Sunday, we slept in again. Jesse headed back into work for about 4 hours or so while I worked on my paper. Then we went to search for a new couch & chair. We went to three different furniture stores and actually found a few sets we liked. We are trying to keep it on the more inexpensive level, but that's hard to do. We will go back tonight and make our final purchases! We have lived in this house for almost two years and are finally getting around to purchasing furniture for our basement, movie room. It is about time! That old futon has to go! YUCK! :-)

What an amazing weekend! What did you guys do? Anything fun? Have you found any good deals on furniture lately?

No comments: