My brother & his girlfriend got engaged!! :-) Excited and so happy for them!

Here they are! The happy couple! :-)
So, Friday night was spent celebrating their engagement. We went to her parents house and then out to eat in Dubuque. It was a blast, we had champagne, drinks and food. What a great way to celebrate their happiness. So, I went to bed at 1:30 am only to get up at 6:45 am! uggg
Saturday I got up early to get ready for my best friend, Katie's, shower. It was a complete success and she got a lot of amazing gifts. After the shower, we cleaned up and I headed to get my hair cut & colored. It needed to be done for a very long time. Then my mom & I got pedis. We then went home to make chex-mix and cookies for her bachelorette party. The bachelorette party was themed "Wig Out" We all had to wear wigs and partied it up. It was a fun party, we spent a lot of time in the hotel room playing flippy cup, doing shots and drinking and then we went out to the bars. Lots of fun!
Sunday I slept in, got up at 10:00. (it was defiantly needed!!) We were all going to go to lunch at 12:00 at my favorite Mexican Resturant in Dubuque. Jesse was suppose to meet us there, but called about 2 hours before and told me that the roads where we live were really bad and he had only been driving for 10 minutes and say 3 accidents. Needless to say, I told him to stay home and we went to eat without him. It was a lot of fun and then I headed back home.
I got home and Jesse & I watched Marley & Me. Great great great movie!!! But ooooooooo so sad! I couldn't believe how sad it was. Mad me cry throughout the entire movie almost! haha..... Then we ordered Papa Murphy's pizza and relaxed.
Here we are on Monday, my 24th birthday! Uggg I can't believe it. This last year has flowen by so quickly! Hope you enjoy your day! We got 6" of snow/ice yesterday which was not very exciting, but I guess that's what happens when you live in the mid-west! :-)
5 comments:
Everyone keeps saying Marley and Me is so sad- I don't really remember the book being that sad . . . huh.
Yes! It was so sad :-( I couldn't believe it. Even my husband said it was a really sad movie! (he's kind of a softy when it comes to animals though!)
I hope you had a great birthday! I can't wait to see Marley and Me, but I'm not sure I can take it just yet. We joke that we'll have to make sure the dog is in another room when we watch it. Lol.
Hey - I just ended up at your blog from Emily's - you caught me when you said you were from Iowa. I'm from the Quad Cities.
Happy belated birthday!
Haha, I love it Emily..... Yes, I actually believe our dog was upstairs while we were watching it, probably a good thing! And Kim, I can't believe that... It's such a small world, I'm from Dubuque.... Which I'm sure you know where that is!
Post a Comment