I've really got to get back into the swing of things..... Work has been crazy, as well as, I'm sure you all know..... The weekends even crazier! Ahhh I have just a second to breath.... So I thought I would update from last weekend.....
My weekend all home alone was not as bad as I thought it was going to be, but still long and lonely.... I give those of you props who live by yourself, I don't think I could do it anymore.... There's nothing more comforting than waking up with my husband right next to me in the middle of the night...
Anyway! Friday night was spent eating take-out Chinese by myself, followed by working on my presentation for class on Saturday.
Saturday we woke up at 5 am to (another classmate and I who lives somewhat close) drive the 3 hours to Storm Lake for our class... Spent 5.5 hours listening to presentations from other classmates (each of ours was about 15 minutes) So it was a long, tiring day..... Then we drove the 3 hours back home. After that, I hung out with my wonderful office-mate.... We went to Texas Roadhouse for a margarita!!! And dinner, which was amazing. Then we headed back to my house to watch Rachel Getting Married (Which, I know some of you enjoyed... But I have to say I was not entertained in the least.... It was very longgggg in the fact that I kept asking, is it over yet? The camera angles were awful (I know, I know... It's an independent film).... Actors were not that great, with the exception of Ann Hathaway.... She did a fairly good job, but I was just so disappointed with the rest of it that I would not recommend it to anyone. Sorry guys....
Anyway, Sunday was spent sleeping in, finally! Then I got ready, did about 3 loads of laundry, cleaned up a bit, and waited for my mom to be there. She came for the day to go shopping with me! What a great Mom! :-) She knew I was lonley and needed some company, so she drove the 1.5 hours just to shop and have lunch. It was great. I got a lot of great deals shopping here, here and here.
My Yahoo title is all because "I AM NO LONGER A 1ST YEAR GRAD STUDENT ANYMORE!!" I am very excited by this because it has seemed like such a long year! But now I am a 2nd year grad student, so that light at the end of the tunnel is starting to become a bit clearer.
Happy almost Friday!!!! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am also celebrating no longer being a first year grad student this week. Congrats to you!
Congratulations on having a year under your belt! Awesome. Will you actually be done in two years? I was supposed to be done in two- but three is more like it in the end. (But that is probably just me. Stupid thesis.)
Thanks!! No, it's a three year program, so no worries... It'll take me 3 years no matter what! Good thing, I don't have to do a thesis, only a portfolio... so that's a +! Good luck with yours!!
Post a Comment