Tuesday, September 28, 2010

28 weeks- A little behind

Well, 28 weeks has come and gone!  I was actually 28 weeks on Thursday, Sept, 23rd.  We did not get a picture as we have been too busy!

So, you'll have to settle for the updates from our appointment.

Hello 3rd trimester!!  That has to be the biggest highlight of this week!  I'm so excited to be 2/3's finished with pregnancy and that much closer to actually meeting our little guy!

Heartbeat was at 163 which she said was perfect, so I'm hoping she's right and it's not too high!

I am up to 17 lbs gained already... I'm trying to think positive about this, but it's hard... Though I'm sure those kit kats and pumpkin muffins don't help! :-)

I had my glucose test as well.  Drinking that orange stuff wasn't as bad as I've heard, but I can't say I'd want to drink it all the time.

It's been 3 days since the test and I haven't heard anything back yet, so that's a good sign.  This doctor is a no news is good news doctor, so if there isn't anything wrong, she won't call, she'll just wait until our next appointment to share the info with us.

I had my flu shot as well.  Did you guys get this?  I was leery at first, but she highly recommended it, so I got it.  I figured better safe than sorry with that H1N1 stuff.  I've never had one before and the shot itself didn't hurt, but whow baby my arm was sore for two days. 

Other than that, things went fine, she said I was measuring right on at 28 weeks, but she couldn't quite tell which way baby was facing yet.

We're now going every 2 weeks to the doc!  I'm excited to hear the little mister's heartbeat more frequently, I just love it!

That's all for now!  Hope you had an awesome Tuesday and remember that we're going private here at Livin the Great Life, so if you want to continue to read my blog, send me an e-mail at kaylajcrane at gmail dot com and I'll add you to my list.

4 comments:

Murdock's mama said...

I have to get a flu shot for the first time ever this year too [because of my new job]...I am also a little skeptical! :/

Lucy Marie said...

yay for the third tri!

Brittany Ann said...

Count me in for following along with your private blog - britr@ufl.edu!

Kristen said...

it's always so exciting when you get to go to the ob more than once a month! yay!