Well, its started. The feeling I've lost control of my weight and body image. My body is doing a miraculous thing and I am so very thankful for it each and everyday. But I can't help but look at myself in the mirror and feel anything but good about the way I look. I've gained about 12 lbs in 26 weeks of pregnancy. I have no idea if that is a lot or not.
I feel so yucky about the extra weight that I have no desire to go work out. It just takes too much effort and energy right now, is that just sad and pathetic or what?
I should be working out everyday, yet I get home from work and definitely do not want to. Is this normal during pregnancy? I know I need to gain weight for the baby to be healthy, that's not the issue. The issue is I definitely do not feel good about myself at all anymore. Some people get pregnant and look amazing the entire time, though I suppose maybe they are feeling the same way I am?
I'm not even close to gaining as much weight as I will eventually gain during this pregnancy. Doc says I should gain 25-30 lbs. So, I have another 13-18 lbs to go until 40 weeks, if all goes well. It creeps me out that every week I step on the scale, the weight goes up by at least one lb sometimes two.
I've got to stop worrying about this, because such is life when you are pregnant. I'm just worried that it'll be very hard to get the weight off once I put it on.
I worked really hard to lose about 7 lbs before I got pregnant, and that put me right where I felt comfortable and now I'm trying to get comfortable with putting more than quadruple that back on!
It's a mind game, and I've got to let it go.
Sorry for the venting session, just something I've been feeling lately!
I believe pregnancy is a wonderful, beautiful thing, I just have to remind myself of that more often (Hubby, are you out there?? :-) hint hint! haha)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Kayla-
Unfortunately the weight gains comes with the territory...there's no avoiding it! Don't look so far ahead into your pregnancy and worry about how much weight you are going to gain. Take the time to enjoy each day you are pregnant, because believe it or not, with all the aches and pains and tiredness that comes along with pregnancy, there will be things that you will miss once the baby is born. I missed looking down and seeing my pregnant belly, I missed feeling the girls kick and I really missed being able to get away with wearing comfy clothes all the time!!
12 lbs isn't that bad at all! I'm pretty sure I was over 20 lbs gained at least by 26 weeks. I gained 37 with Ethan and 41 with Emma and was able to to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight both times! With Ethan I did absolutely nothing, but within 9 months and having a baby to chase around and just keeping busy it just slowly came off. The 2nd baby is harder I think, I had to actually put effort in, (like doing the FXB 10 week program) but by the time she turned one I was back to my original weight. You are way more motivated at working out than me, so I'm pretty sure if I can do it, you can too!!! And in way less time! And I agree with the last comment, you may not believe this now, but you will actually miss being prego when it's all said and done. Just wait! It will all be worth it in the end! :)
12 lbs is not bad at all! So far I have gained 37 pounds ... between last thursday and yesterday my midwife's scale told me I gained 6!!!!!!! ... I freaked. But she assured me that it's likely mostly water retention and fluids. Don't even worry - your baby is going to be healthy and happy and you are a good mama!!! But I totally get that it's hard to watch your body make the changes.
And about feeling icky - I totally get it. Everyone says "you look so good pregnant" "you don't look like you've gained very much" etc etc to me .. and I certainly do not feel that way.
my suggestion is to stop getting on the scale, don't drive yourself crazy with something that you can't stop. You'll be surprised at how much of the weight is gone the day you have the baby! And as long as you don't stick to unhealthy foods and laziness after the baby is born (what I did!) you'll be okay! Just take this time and enjoy being pregnant, enjoy feeling your baby move, and enjoy being able to eat whatever! :-)
Post a Comment