Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend Recap

As you may have noticed, we have a very busy summer, filled with weddings, showers, etc...   Well, this weekend kicked off another stint of weddings for us.

Hubby was not able to attend because he had a bachelor party for a good friend.  So, I went stag, well not really.  I attend the wedding with my parents and my future SIL, as my brother was in the wedding. 

It was definitely my kind of wedding! I kid you not, the actual wedding ceremony was about 8 minutes long, no joke!  It was even shorter than mine and mine was only about 12 minutes... We like to get to the point people :-) 

The wedding was Saturday, so I stayed at my parents and headed back home Sunday early afternoon.  Hubby had already beaten me home from his bachelor party and boy did he look like death.  He was napping on the couch and I think it was a combination of a hangover and sun poisoning.  I'll have to get some pictures for you tonight, but this boy was BURNT to a crisp!  His ankles looked like that of a lobster, I swear. They went golfing on Saturday and it was the hottest day we've had yet.  I double checked with him that he packed his sunscreen, he did not, so I told him I packed it for him.  However; I guess I was not there to remind him to put it on (side note:  hubby is white, pale and NEVER tan...)  So, what happened? He forgot. He stood out in the 80 degree heat and sun, golfing during the prime time of the sun, 11am-4pm to be exact.  I bet he regrets it now!

We're not the type of couple that goes out every weekend and drinks a lot.  Actually, we're more of the home-body type of couple that only ventures out on the weekend nights once in a great while to indulge in a couple drinks.  Rarely do we feel sick the next day, but sometimes it gets the best of us.  And this was one of those weekends for hubby.  He tried to keep up with the "big dogs" and wasn't feeling so hot all day Sunday.  In fact, he wasted the entire day on the couch! uggg I hate when that happens.

I felt rather good on Sunday :-)  I got my grocery shopping done and then wasted part of the day as well.  It was far too humid outside to do anything.  I have yet to get my gardening done or any flowers planted, but it was too cold the last few weekends and now it's too hot! O boy....

Hopefully we are more productive this week/weekend, but imagine that... We have another wedding on Saturday :-)

Hope you had a fabulous weekend and have a wonderful week!

P.S.  It's my last full week of work at this job EVER!  Sorry, didn't mean to rub it in! haha

2 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats on the last week of your job! Sounds like a busy busy weekend. Maybe you can rest up at work? LOL.

Thanks for stopping in on my blog too.
xo

Lucy Marie said...

Oh dear ... nothing good ever happens when our boys try to keep up with the Big Dogs.