Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Welcome and a weekend recap

I've had a few new followers lately and I just wanted to say welcome!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find what I have to say slightly interesting.  If not, I don't blame you for leaving :-)

On to the weekend recap!

Let me just say that this weekend was spent doing the following in no particular order:
Relaxing.
Wine drinking.
Reading.
Grad homework.
Laundry.
Movies.
Cooking dinner with hubby.
Running a few errands.
Buying new bedding. (I'll share it later!)
Watching the snow fall.
Cleaning.
Releaxing.
Playing video games with hubby. (yes, I'm sorry, I admit going to the dark side from time to time!)

What I'm looking forward to:
Day off on Friday.
Getting some much needed things accomplished.
My parents visiting this weekend.
Getting a new hot water heater!
Shopping with my mom.
Dinner date with two of our good friends on Friday night.
Dinner and movie date with just hubby on Saturday night.
Said movie date to Dear John!
Lunch with my parents on Valentines Day.
Relaxing.

Do you have anything fun planed for this weekend?  It is the BIG Valentines day weekend! 

Hubby and I usually buy a small gift and CARDS, (I love me some cards, especially from hubby) but this year we're forgoing gifts to do a fancy dinner!

What do you do to celebrate the Day of Love?

8 comments:

Mateya said...

Sounds great! I love cards too! They seriously say so much more than a gift!

Murdock's mama said...

What a great weekend! Yay for getting Friday off! We decided to forgo gifts and do a fancy dinner this year too! Where do you guys have reservations at?

Kristen said...

we don't get too into Valentines Day. Normally we exchange cards (that's good enough for me!) but I think this year we might try and go to dinner and a movie, we shall see!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Hope your Tuesday has been wonderful as well! xoe

Lucy Marie said...

Sounds like a great weekend and an exciting week ahead! Happy Valentine's Day.

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

your wine-drinking makes me jealous...

also, valentines day happens to be our 9th (i think?!) year of being together....maybe 10th...hm...

So, we always make a big deal out of it, I guess. I mean, definitely always have dinner out and most likely at our fancy fun mexican restaurant we LOVE, about 45 minutes away....

this year, will be interesting...we'll also be thinking about that little baby we lost who was due on that day, but treasuring the little one we got cooking now.

Elizabeth said...

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend, and so much to look forward too! yay! :-)

Tiffany and the Munchkins said...

Wow what a weekend! That's so nice that you and the hubs are doing a nice dinner for V-Day. That's pretty much the plan for us too. We don't do gifts on V-Day and I have forbidden him from sending me flowers (they cost too much to only last a few days). So a nice dinner is the usual.