Monday, February 1, 2010

February Goals

It is the first of the month and I am trying to be more organized with things, so I am all about sharing my goals for February and looking at how I did for January!

Let's take a look at January's goals:
  • Paint & put up new window treatments in office.  (Yes, this goal is already complete, but it was an actual goal that I wanted to get finished in January!) 
This was completed in the first week of January and I am soooooo very excited about it.
  • Continue taking vitamin everyday
Done, done and done :-) I think I missed one day the entire month!
  • Cut back on spending.
I think this was probably a complete fail.  We ended up buying a new car for hubby and still have yet to sell the Jetta.  We also had to purchase a new hot water heater, because I'm tired of taking 1/2 cold showers.  We also had a few unexpected expenses come up, so this was a complete and utter failure....
  • Cut back on eating junk food.
I think I did a great job on this goal.  I have lost 4 lbs total, which isn't huge, but it is HUGE when you consider the fact that all I did was cut out the majority of my junk food.  I didn't workout anymore than I hd previously done and I didn't cut back on anything else.  
  • Repaint the laundry room.
Fail.  This wasn't even considered during the month of January!

So, let's hope that I do better in February.  I know some of you hate the aspect of posting goals on your blogs, but for me, it helps to hopefully keep me accountable for some things that I just really need and want to do. 

February Goals:
  • Sign up for my last "extra" class for my masters since I am not a teaching major.
  • Sell the Jetta
  • Workout at least 4 times per week for 30-45 minutes each time.
  • Eat more fruits & veggies.  I'm talking a good veggie for every meal, and potatoes do not count.
  • Start looking and applying for any counseling positions in our area
  • Plan at least 2 meals per week ahead of time.
  • Have new water heater installed by my hubby and my dad
  • Visit with and shop with my mom!
  • Hopefully get back home to spend some time with my brother and future-sis-in-law
  • Have a fantastic game night, complete with plenty of food (to try and throw me off from one of my previously mentioned goals) and lots of friends!
  • Celebrate Valentines Day with hubby by going to Dear John and out to dinner :-)
I don't think this month's goals are too hard, but we shall see! Happy February everyone! 

3 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

I agree - writing my goals on my blog helps me a lot. It's like I think that if I don't accomplish them, all of my blog friends will hunt me down and punish me or something. Good luck with all of your Feb. goals!

Elizabeth said...

Keep up with your goals! I am trying to too!! :-)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Eating healthier and working out more were on my January goals list. Hasn't so much happened yet. On to February!!