Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Wow with some odds and ends.....

I just realized it's been almost a week since my last post!  I'm so very sorry!  School and work have taken over my life and I'm trying to climb out of a big hole filled with papers, quizzes, assignments and such.

Is it odd that I've been in bed by 9:30 the last two nights because I've been so exhausted and just didn't feel like keeping my eyes open?  Only to sleep until 7:00am, yes a total of 9.5 hours of sleep...... Guys, I'm so ready for spring/summer when I have more energy and get to enjoy the lovely fresh air! Maybe I've fallin into a sea of seasonal depression because we've been graced with 49" of snow so far this year... Or maybe it's the freezing cold temps that we just can't seem to break out of!

Either way, I'm going to get through it! :-) I just entered a class that is 9 weeks long where I have 14 quizzes, 28 short activities to do and a 10-12 page paper to write.  I've since (in one week) completed 7 of those quizzes and 14 of those activities!  Guys, I'm pretty much 1/2 way there!  There is sooooooo light at the end of the tunnel!

In other news, there are going to be some positions opening up sometime soon in my field (School counseling at the middle & high school levels).  I'm not technically qualified yet, as I do not have my license (I graduate May 2011), but I will be able to get my Class G license this Summer which would qualify me to be a counselor for one year before gaining my actual license.  So, please say a prayer for me, I really really need/want one of these jobs!

It's less than 2 months until my big 25th birthday!  I can hardly believe it.  Isn't this some sort of milestone? No?  Eh well we'll make it one!

I hope you are all having a wonderful week and I hope to be back to my regular scheduled postings soon!

9 comments:

Meredith said...

Crossing my fingers and saying a prayer for you about the school positions!

I am also SO ready for summer!

Brittany Ann said...

Yay! Potential jobs! Rooting for you!

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

Cute blog too! Thanks for coming by mine :) I am excited to follow your blog... your newest follower,
Ri

Mateya said...

Prayers coming your way! What an exciting time :)

Jamie @ Plum Crazy said...

Hope you get one of the jobs!

And the 25th birthday is significant...I think when 25 hits, you are finally a fulltime adult. It's bittersweet, I think.

Jamie
his n hers

KellyV said...

praying about the job(s) and yay for getting through your class!

25th birthday is way big - make sure that husband does something super fun! I'm already in the works for my husband's in November (hey, I'm a planner) ... I'm thinking totally 80s stock-the-bar kind of dance party :) we'll see!

Elizabeth said...

Your birthday is almost here!! yay!! How awesome!! :-)

Jen said...

WOW! You have a lot going on right now! Good for you! I am happy that you are almost done with school and I hope that a position opens up just in time for you. Almost 25! How exciting and heck yeah it's a milestone! I think every birthday is a milesone :) Keep up the good work and thanks for stopping by:) I am going to follow you!

Kait said...

I was just telling my J the other night that I would LOVE to be 25! Car insurance rates drop (at least with ours) when we hit that number :)

Hoping with you that you can get into one of the positions opening up!