Friday, May 29, 2009

Far behind...

Ladies, I'm so sorry. I have been sooooooo far behind with housework, work, yard work, homework, etc.... I haven't had any time for blogging. I haven't even posted about our Memorial Day weekend!

I start my 2nd set of summer classes for my masters on June 4th.... (Yikes, next week!) Anyway, that means I have 2 more days of work to catch up and get things ready for me to be gone until June 29th! This job has allowed me to take the entire month of June off so that I can continue to go to school.

School for me, looks like this:

June- Two, two week classes. That means one class squeezed into 8 days!! Yes, my friends, these classes are very intense. This is the only time we are required to actually be on campus for an extended period of time, which is great since it's a 3 hour drive for me. So, I will be packing my bags and staying in the good ol fashion college dorms for a couple weeks. Granted, I get to come home on the weekends which is refreshing!

Fall Semester- one class (meet on campus for two Saturday sessions)

Spring Semester- one class (same 2 Saturaday sessions)

And then back to the summer sessions....

It's set up to allow for working students (especially teachers) to pursue their masters degree in School Counseling without having to take time away from work during the day. It's been a great experience, but already I'm feeling overwhelmed. I got my first set of homework assignments due already next Thursday the 4th..... I'm freaking out.

On top of that, since I am a non-education major, I have to take an additional two classes. One of which I started in March and have yet to actually start! The school gives you 6 months to complete the class, so I've been procrastinating big time!

Anyway, wish me luck! I'll try to keep blogging during the month of June, but it's going to be a busy one.

My husband will be working mandatory overtime 55-60+ hours during the month of June, so when I am home on the weekends, he'll be working... Great, so please pray for us and hope that the month passes by very quickly!

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

Yikes! What a busy month. Praying it goes by quickly for you.