Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Unbelievable!

So, I went running with my mom last Friday evening and let me tell you...... She almost kicked my butt. We started out on our run with the intent to run 2-3 miles.... Well Once she gets going, there's no stopping her. We ended up running a bit over 4 miles and boy was I winded! I finished it, because there was no way I was going to let my Mom, who is actually a little over twice my age beat me!

I must tell you though, she has been a Jazzercise instructor for over 4 years and she's very dedicated to anything she does. While most instructors practice once or twice a week for 30 minutes or so and then teach their 3 classes a week, my mom dedicates at least an hour or two each day to practicing her sets, she always switches out at least one song everyday she teaches, because she doesn't want people to get bored.

With that being said, I had better get my butt moving in the exercising department! She'll be 50 this year and I cannot be outrun by her! :-) Though I am very happy that she is so active, hoepfully it will help her stay very healthy for a very long time!

Anyway, Jesse and I ran another 2.5 miles last night. Our time wasn't very good, but we did it. I'm proud of that. I'm hoping to do at least another 2 tonight.....

Good luck in all of your exercising endevors!!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

4 miles? Holy cow! I wouldn't be able to run half a mile.

Kayla said...

Yeah... I was a bit surprised myself. Good ol Mom pushing me. I couldn't let her beat me though! haha And that was my motivation, I kid you not!