Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Fitness


By the way, that's me.
Not...

I know a lot of you are fitness guru's out there and I was wondering if you could help me out!  We just joined a gym (previously, I've been doing Jazzercise, but the times are not working well with my schedule these days) and I'm wondering what your workout schedules look like.

I typically spend 20-30 mins on the elliptical, then another 20 on the treadmill and some ab workouts.  I'd like to get some weights in there somewhere, but cannot remember back to the dreaded high school track and volleyball days when we lifted weights 3 times a week.  What machines do you use, what kinds of reps, how many sets?  Etc....

Any help you give me would be greatly appreciated!  I need to whip this body back in shape so it's ready to be a host to a beautiful and healthy baby! :-)

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thats great you are going to the gym, I am too!!! yay!!

Rachel said...

Right now I just do classes 5 times a week. Two body pump classes, pilates, and zumba. Classes are more fun and effective in my opinion! Good luck!

Mateya said...

I do circuit training and I love it. Strength training is so important! Push-ups are a great total body workout. You can do anything with the dumbbell weights. Squats, lunges, bicep curls, lay on your back and do chest-flys, the possibilities are endless! Email me mrkuhlman@ole.augie.edu if you want more info...I would love to help you out!

Brittany Ann said...

Try and strength-training class 2-3 days a week. It's much easier to make sure you do the right amount of reps and exercises in less than an hour!

Shannon Dew said...

For me going in the mornings is the best. If I try and go in the evenings after work something interferes and I don't make it.

Rachel H. said...

I agree that mornings are easiest...it's a lot harder for me to get there in the afternoons. I'm anxious to see how that goes once I go back to work. I also can't wait to get the go ahead from the doctor to start exercising again!

Vee said...

I think that's a picture of me you found....oh no? Well, it must be my twin then. (in my dreams, of course).
I love love LOVE cardio kickboxing. I get out all my aggression, it's so much fun, and it kicks my butt every time! =]