I've been having this awful pain when I eat anything hot or drink any hot liquids. I know it's on the right side of my mouth, but that's all I can figure out. It hurts so bad! The pain shoots all the way up to my ear and lasts for about 5 minutes.
I scheduled an appointment for this morning and he did every kind of test he could. He took x-ray's, poked, tapped, rubbed, put freezing cold liquids onto the teeth (giving me sharp pains, but only because I have sensitive teeth), and also tried with hot liquids, which only ended up burning my gums. Afterwords, he said welp..... I'm not sure what's going on. You can't seem to figure out which tooth it is and neither can I. He said I should be sent to a a root-canal specialist for a consult to see if he can figure anything else out. He said it would probably end up being a root-canal (
I'm bummed because it sucks every time I eat and it hurts so bad! I've been popping Tylenol like a drug dealer on crack.... So, the mystery continues and we'll see what the specialist says on February 16th, yes, I have to deal with this for another couple weeks before I can get in to see him.
Not.Cool.
** Don't forget to Ask my Hubby Anything!** By: Jan 27th, 2010!!! Come on, anything!
5 comments:
that doesn't sound very fun. i really hope they can get it sorted out at your next appointment.
Hope it gets better and they figure it all out.
no fun! I had a terrible tooth problem a few years ago. The pain was on my left side, but the actual abscess was on my right side (#31)! I ended up with a root canal and while everyone says they're terrible I personally thought it was better than the actual pain I had been experiencing!
Hope they figure it out soon :)
Poor thing that doesn't sound fun at all. I have the same thing but with cold things it hurts my teeth. It drives me crazy. Hope yours goes away soon.
Sounds like what happened to me and eeek...I had to to have 2 root canals...but I feel SO much better now!
Post a Comment