Sunday, January 3, 2010

Office Transformation

Hubby and I have been off for about 2 weeks now and we have been very lazy unproductive.  On New Years Day, I got the itch to do something.  We have a lot we need to do, but time just seems to get away from us.

Anyway, we bought our home 2.5 years ago and have never touched the office.  It has the same paint and the same window treatments (left by the old owners mind you). We've just had other things to do and we hardly spend any time in there.  Finally, it got to me.  I couldn't stand the hideousness that was this office anymore.

Friday morning I set off to remove the wallpaper boarder.... Yes, wallpaper boarder.  Look at how completely necessary, modern and fun this boarder is....


 Isn't it beautiful??


By the way, the painting above was done by my hubby in high school.  It's very good, I'm quite impressed myself.  When we have a baby, I'm going to try to get him to paint something on the walls for us! :-)



It wasn't that hard removing it, just a spray bottle full of vinegar and water did the trick. 


Look at that paint job! :-)


Ok, so after all of the wallpaper was off, I went to town on the glue.

We then removed the beautiful curtains! Take a look at these babies, they are for sale if any of you would like to purchase them?? No?  What?? haha I kid. I kid.



It's hard to see, I know



Ok, so then it was on to priming.  If you would like to enlist my services to help paint, just let me know.... Being just 5'0" does help when trying to paint, so hubby is stuck doing everything I cannot reach.

Case in point


See how good I am? haha

Then we painted the 1st and 2nd coats


It looks so much better





After all of the painting was finished, we set out to find some window treatments.

Here's what we settled on.


You can't really tell, but they are brown curtains with swirls.  :-)


View from the kitchen


View from the other doorway










And the other side of the room

So, a little over 8 hours of total work and we are very excited with the final product. Sorry, I'm still figuring out how to work my camera correctly, so some of these shots are hard to see with the lighting. 

What do you think?  Do you think it's a big difference from the before shots of the 90 year old grandmothers room? :-) We're pretty proud of it.

We have yet to find things for the walls, but we put up what was there before for the time being.

**Don't forget about my giveaway!  It ends January 11th!

6 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

It looks great. So clean and fresh! At first, when you were talking about the painting your hubby did ... for some reason I thought you meant the painting above the wall paper border (i.e. the maroon stuff). I was thinking - um, it doesn't look too special to me! BUT - the actual painting he did - gorgeous. That's talent!

Julie said...

Wow, it looks totally different, and so much better! Great job.

Meredith said...

What a big difference taking down the wallpaper and grandma paint makes!

Good work you guys!

Sass said...

Looks great!!

Now you can sit back and relax!!
:D

Anonymous said...

It looks great!

beckylbranch said...

It looks awesome and so much better! I just cannot do borders...to me it reminds me of the 80's early 90's era!