Alright all of you Mama's or Mama's to be, maternity clothes.... what, when, from where?
I'm in that stage where my pants are getting a bit tight. I bought a bellaband (sp?), but have just been sticking to dresses and comfy clothes for now. I recently went on Gap.com and found about 5 maternity shirts that I ordered because they were all on sale.
Other than that, I am clueless. When did you start buying, what size, how did you know what you would need and where did you buy it from?
I don't want to spend a fortune, but I'm going to be doing an internship, so I'll need nice clothes. Any help you can give would be great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
if you have to dress nice, kohls has more dressy/business women type maternity stuff. Also, just saw that h&m now has maternity--its really cute!
Typically you get the same size you now wear, just in maternity. So if you're normally a small, then you get a small. It should last you almost until the end--and dont feel bad if at the end, you feel like nothing fits! That didnt happen to me, but most of my friends...yep.
Old Navy & Target really have great selection & prices! Make sure that you get big enough because you'll look at it now and think it's huge, but when you're 8 months pregnant it won't fit anymore! (very depressing moment! lol)
I went to Old Navy and Kohl's alot and when I was out of town I would run to Motherhood Maternity. I also found out that Gordman's in Waterloo has Motherhood stuff there but I noticed it at the end so I never bought there but will next time.
I just bought a few pairs of jeans (old navy actually ran in normal pant sizes which I felt like fit me better) a few dress pants and some shirts. I got sick of my clothes but now I look at them and I can't wait to wear them again :) Also ask others if you can barrow stuff! I did this and it really helped me have more of a selection! I would offer mine but I just passed it on to a friend. I'll look through and see what I still have :)
I got my maternity jeans at Motherhood :) LOVE them! I bought two pairs and they are still in pretty good shape. I got a dark wash and a lighter (but still dark) wash.
Most of my maternity shirts came from ROSS.... I don't know how common that place is, but it was seriously one of my favorites while pregnant. Most of the maternity shirts were $5-$10 and I felt like I had a pretty decent selection without breaking the bank for something I would only wear for a few months and then put away :)
I wore a size small maternity in everything until the end. I could still fit in the smalls, but was more comfortable in mediums :)
Good luck and happy shopping!!
The motherhood maternity in gordmans (where i worked) is awesome! But its pretty expensive! I bought a lot there but I was also working for Motherhood at the time and getting 20% off so that helped! Otherwise I did Target, but most of my stuff was borrowed from either my friends or sister in law!! So between the stuff I bought and the borrowed clothes I have a ginormous tote full of my maternity clothes! (my sis in law is borrowing them now, so they're getting plenty of use) I can't remember at what point I started to need to wear bigger, but I remember buyin some neccessities in just bigger sizes, not maternity, cuz I was still in that in between stage. Oh that's another thing, I bought a lot of shirts that weren't even maternity, because (at the time I was prego anyway) those 'flowy' kind of shirts are in style and you can pretty much find them anywhere, just get it in a size or 2 bigger than you usually wear! Or those gauchos are super comfy and stretchy so you don't need to buy the maternity ones. Also just going through my own closet was able to find some cute shirts I could still wear, depending on the style. My biggest problem was needing dress pants, and I'm pretty sure I found my favorites at Gordmans.
I've ordered a few things from Old Navy, but be careful because they run huge! Order a size down from your normal. I know most people don't like Motherhood, but that's where most of my clothes have come from. It's one of the only places I can try on clothes in the store, and that means everything to me when you're not sure of your new body shape.
Kohls does have some Motherhood clothes under the name "Oh Baby". I've found that their shorts and pants are better than their shirts, at least at my Kohls.
I'm only 24 weeks and already getting frustrated with clothes. It's going to be a long 3 months.
Post a Comment