It was my complete intent on writing a post this morning catching you all up on pregnancy related news, but alas something else came up. I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow, I can hardly believe it! We had an appointment last week and all went well. We're scheduled to find out if it's a boy or girl on August 2nd! CAN.NOT.WAIT! We are super excited and these three weeks cannot go by soon enough!
Anyway, this morning, I woke up to head to a dentist appointment and looked out the back door as I was letting Bear out. Turns out, we had a creak running through the backyard. We've had so much rain in the past couple days, it isn't even funny. We've had about 7 inches of rain int he past two days and are suppose to get another 1-3 this evening Talk about not fun. Anyway, we have one corner in our basement that gets a little bit of water in it when it rains very hard. Well, because of the amount of rain and the quickness in which it came, we got a LOT of water in our basement. I mean, we probably had an inch in the "unfinished"* portion of our basement but it went further and was much more than we have ever had before. The drain in our basement wasn't draining because the water table was full and that is also why our backyard had such a large amount standing water in it. I had to leave to go to my dentist appointment, so I did what I could and hubby had to come home from work for a few hours to clean most of it up (bless his heart!). I got back home after my appointment and helped clean up, then we cleaned the gutters (yes, in the rain) and finished cleaning the basement as best we could. What a pain I tell ya!
So, the basement is drying up, slowly but shirley, however; we are still suppose to get more rain tonight, so I have a feeling we'll be doing some clean up again tomorrow. :-(
*I say "unfinished"* because it has those sticky tiles in it and now because of the water, they are all coming up and it doesn't really look very good.
It's been yet another week, so I'm going to have to postpone the belly updates until week 18! so sorry! Hope you all have a great rest of the week!
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Isn't all of this rain terrible?! I wanted to cry when i was driving home today [wloo to dsm] it was raining soo hard between waterloo and aplington I thought I was going to get in an accident. I have never seen it rain that hard on the interstate...I could have done without that a 7am!! Good luck with the basement!!
Ugh. Water damage is the worst. But .. it is super dry here so I wouldn't mind if you passed some of the rain to us.
Post a Comment