Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Decade in review

Lucy posted this and I thought it would be a good reminder of what the last 10 years have brought to my life.  Enjoy! :-)

2000
Was dating my first "serious" boyfriend of 8 months!
Went to his house for New Years Eve, parents picked me up at 11:55pm 12/31/99.....
Was finishing 9th grade (June), starting 10th (in Aug)
Was playing volleyball and running track
Thought I was pretty cool and started hanging out with more friends
Started getting into more trouble
Got in a bad car accident.  There were 6 of us in the car, I was 15, my friend was driving, I was sitting on my boyfriends lap in the back, in the middle..... Everyone survived, but I did loose a friend in the process.
First "serious" boyfriend broke my heart....

2001

Turned 16 and got my first car (A 1999 Hyundai Accent)
Played v-ball for last time in high school and ran track.
Went to first high school prom with a Senior. (in May)
Finished grade 10 (In June) and started grade 11 (In Aug).
Started dating first actual serious boyfriend in August.
9/11 happened... Enough said.

2002
Ran track for the last time in high school.
Finished grade 11 (June) and started grade 12 (Aug).
Took ACT, on my 17th birthday, it wasn't too exciting.


2003
Graduated high school in May
Started College in August (1.5 hours away from home)
Broke up with serious boyfriend of 2 years.
Had more fun in first semester of college than anyone should.  Passed all of my classes, but was unhappy with being away from home.
Lost my puppy in October. (13 years old)
Moved home in December.
Got a new puppy for Christmas (Bear)

2004
Transferred to a college in my hometown.
Bought my first home, near campus and had a friend/roommate rent from me.
Turned 19.
Finished my first year of College on honor roll.
Started 2nd year of college (in Aug)
Met new boyfriend, thought he was the one.
Lost a childhood friend in a car accident in August. She was 16 and far too young.  As I left the funeral, Kenny Chesney's song, "Only the good die young" came on.  It brought tears to my eyes, but also peace to my heart because it reminded me that she had better things to do up in heaven and I would forever have a guardian angel looking down on me.

2005
Broke up with boyfriend in Jan because he didn't have enough time for me.
Had a lot of fun, found some new friends and enjoyed life.
Finished 2nd year of college.  Started Junior year (Aug).
Started dating yet another boyfriend in July.  Knew he wasn't right for me, but did it anyway.
Continued to date said boyfriend, even though I had mixed feelings about it in my heart.
Boyfriend went away to war, missed him, was scared for him, but didn't want to be with him.
Roommate moved out.

2006
Continued to date boyfriend until I just couldn't stand to look at myself anymore.  Boyfriend knew something was up, called from Iraq to tell me he'd rather wait until he got back state side to date.  In my heart, I knew he did it for me and it was a hard decision for him.
Got new roommate.  We went to high school together, but weren't ever friends. 
Enjoyed my single life for the next few months.  Told myself I wasn't going to date anyone for a long time.
Finished Junior year of college in May.  Started senior year in Aug.
Just 3 short months after ex-boyfriend called it quits, I met future hubby.

2007
Graduated college with Cum Laude Honors with a BA in Criminal Justice.
Roommate moved out, future hubby's lease was up in June, so he moved in.
Bought Josie!
Future hubby got a job offer 1.5 hours away from my hometown.  He took it.  We moved.
I was sad and I hated it.
Finally got a job at a bank after living there for 2 months.
Hosted our 1st Thanksgiving dinner.  Both of our families came.  It was great.
Got Engaged December 15th!

2008
Applied to grad school.
Got accepted.
Planned a wedding
Found Allie on the streets at 6 weeks old.  Took her home.
Quit Bank job.
Started classes in June.
Got new job at Big Brothers Big Sisters in July.
Got Married!! 10/4/08
Hosted our 2nd Thanksgiving Dinner!

2009
Had LASIK
Ran Bix 7 for first time.
Went to Las Vegas
Bought a new car
Celebrated our 1st Anniversary!
Finally Ordered Wedding pictures 
Learned that Grandpa had a heart attack.
Hosted our 3rd Thanksgiving!

What has this decade looked like for you?

4 comments:

Adie said...

Busy decade!! It was a huge spectrum of life changes! Good luck in the New Year!

Angie said...

Thats a fun post, ill have to steal that one! So much happens from 15-25! lol

Lucy Marie said...

Lots sure happens in 10 years. All the best this year :)

Risa said...

That's interesting you got in an accident in hs with too many people and one dying. My mom wouldn't let me spend the night at a friend's house and while all the girls were on their way back from my house, they crashed and a girl in the back on someone's lap flew to the front and has a big scar on her forehead now. So dangerous not wearing a seatbelt.