Monday, December 14, 2009

Weekend Recap

This weekend we were able to get out and visit some friends we haven't seen since their Wedding in May!

Friday:
We headed to my hometown to drop Bear off at my parents, we stopped at my Brother & future-sis-in-law's house to hang out for a bit and then stayed at my parents for the night.

Saturday:
I woke up early to attend a Spin class with my mom, Oh my goodness my buns are killing me!  It hurts to sit! haha We then went out for breakfast with my parents and got on the road to Peoria to visit Katie & Scott!
We arrived around 2:00ish, played some cards and talked.  We headed to a delicious Mexican dinner and then went out for drinks and to play shuffleboard.  It was a great night!

Sunday:
We went to breakfast with Katie & Scott and then got back on the road for our 4 hour drive back home.  It was nice to get home but it was so nice to visit friends & family!

I just realized that I didn't ever tell you about Thanksgiving!  Oops.....
Well here's the short rundown.

We had my parents, my brother & future-sis-in-law, my hubby's parents & his brother for Thanksgiving.  I cooked the turkey, mashed potatoes and the green bean casserole and then everyone brought a dish.  My turkey turned out amazing!  I was so proud.  It wasn't my first turkey, but my 3rd, so I'm pretty seasoned now... haha Anyway, I didn't take any pictures because I was too busy getting ready for the dinner, but it went off without a hitch.  It was delicious.  My mother-in-law made Pumpkin & Apple Pies, my future-sis-in-law made a chicken salad dip and Snickers Salad (YUM!).  My mom made a corn casserole, a Pumpkin dessert and stuffing. Anyway, it was great.

I'm hoping that since we're getting a new camera for Christmas that I will get back on the horse and start taking some pictures to show you all! :-)

Happy Monday everyone!

2 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Sounds like a great weekend and a great thanksgiving. I know what you mean about not taking any photos - I hosted Christmas here this weekend and I have hardly any good photos. It's just too busy!

Meredith said...

I love, love, LOVE Snickers salad!

I also really miss spinning class. Do you go often?