Monday, December 21, 2009

Favorite Cookware?

Do you have a favorite cookware?

We're not ones to spend a lot of money on cookware, usually because we have to replace it every few years and it just seems silly to spend tons of money on it.  Yes, you can argue that spending more means you'll get a better piece, but you'll still probably end up replacing it with something better in the future anyway.

We even went so far as to go to an "invitation" only cookware* demonstration.  HA, first of all, they gave us a $50 voucher to go towards the cookware.  Hubby and I apparently had nothing better to do, so we ventured the 45 minute car ride to the event.  We thought, hey what have we got to lose, at least we'll get $50 off something cool.... We were joking on the way there about how expensive we thought this cookware was going to be, we even hesitated to say that hopefully we could purchase a pot for just a little over the $50 voucher and at least leave with something cool.  Fat Chance!  We got there and apparently you can only buy this cookware in sets.... Sets that were priced at upwards of an arm and two legs $1200!  Can you believe that?  $1200 for some pots and pans?  I.Kid.You.Not!  I don't know about you guys, but I could definitely find a better use for $1200+!

So, I've been looking for new cookware and I came across the Rachel Ray Cookware.  Have any of you ever tried it?  I'm thinking of using some of our Christmas money to try a piece.  It's super affordable and very colorful!  I think there are 6 different colors you can buy!  How cool is that?  So head on over to this site for a look at the Rachel Ray Cookware.


Stay tuned for a giveaway after the new year!! :-)  It may be cooking related, you never know..... 


*  I'm not naming names on this type of cookware, for one, I hate to bash them and two I cannot honestly remember the name of the darn outrageously expensive cookware!

1 comment:

Pamibelle said...

I love Rachel Ray's cookware. I own her pots and pans, knifes, bowls, etc. They are afforable and last a long time!