Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Imperfect

Brittany over at Living in the Moment post about being imperfect.  Well, I'm definitely not perfect, by any means, so I'm here to tell you why.

I would so much rather wear a t-shirt to bed than any of that lingerie.

I think the idea of working out and eating healthy is so wonderful and would be so beneficial to so many people out there.  I however have the hardest time turning down a brownie, cake or cookies.

I eat incredibly fast, without any gracefulness.

I go back for seconds, almost.every.time.

I sometimes look at other people's lives and envision what it would be like to have enough money not to work, to have an amazing house, and to not worry about money problems.

There are times when I wish I didn't care so much about my body so that I could just eat everything and anything I wanted.

I'm sometimes jealous of people who are pregnant.  I so want it to be my turn, but we aren't even trying yet.  I guess the possibility of it all not working out scares me.

I'm a planner, I like things to be sorted out.

I don't take enough risks.

I HATE high heels, tight jeans & fancy tops.  I would much rather be comfortable than look fabulous.

Even though I know my husband loves long hair, I got it cut anyway.  It'll grow back :-)

I hate change.  I am a firm believer in traditions and it's hard for me to let those slip away.

I'm really good at arguing, but I'm quick to throw whatever words I can come up with at the other person if I'm angry.  Then, later, I forget it when it's too late.

My mouth gets the best of me, yet I still have a hard time keeping it in check.

There are moments in my life when I wish I could just give up and throw in the towel, but I have yet to do it. (this applies to jobs and school mostly)

I talk about standing up for myself and doing things my way, but I do care sometimes what other people think.

I'm a Target, Kohls & Old Navy freak.  Forget those fancy schmancy stores!

I'd rather shop the clearance rack than spend the extra money at another store.

I won't buy anything full price at said favorite stores.

PJ's are my best friend at night and everyday of the weekend.

I would rather spend a night in watching movies with my husband than go out, Any.Day.

Sometimes I complain way too much.

Sometimes I hurt people's feelings because I'm out spoken, sometimes I feel bad about it.

I can't stand when people are wishy washy on their decisions, it drives me crazy.

I'm not perfect, not even close.  I think that being imperfect makes us perfect.  Everyone has their flaws, only some choose to embrace them and some choose to hid them.  So don't be alarmed if you see me shopping at Target in my sweatpants! 

6 comments:

Meredith said...

I live in pajamas and sweats all weekend too!

Rachel H. said...

I live in PJ's and sweats all the time...I come home from work, and I put them on! Ha-Ha! :)

Jamie @ Plum Crazy said...

I totally agree wtih you about people having flaws, and some choose to hide them or cover them up. And others choose to embrace them!

I shop at some of the less expensive clothing stores, and I'm okay with that. I rarely pay full price too, and I'm okay with that also. I just can't justify spending $150 on a sweater, maybe a dress, but not a sweater (no matter how much money I made) - and not even a fancy sweater at that. If you can get the same regular sweater at Target or Old Navy for $20, I don't think it's being cheap, I think it's being smart!

Jamie

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

love this. i did the same thing a few weeks ago....it is hard putting it out there but it does feel good...because honestly? theres no need to hide!

happy thanksgiving

Lucy Marie said...

I hear you on this. I really think Brittany started something and inspired a lot of us. I wrote a post like this a few weeks ago and I think a lot of other girls did, too.

Brittany Ann said...

Amen, sister! Thank you for joining in! I love it, and I think it strengthens our souls to be real with each other. (Makes me love you all the more, actually!)

See you at Target in our sweatpants!