Monday, November 9, 2009

Weekend Recap

This weekend was great! 

Friday:
We spent some quality time together, just the hubs and me!  We cooked dinner, listened to music and then watched The Wizard of Oz together! :-) It's a tradition in my family for my Mom and I to watch the Wizard of Oz every year around Thanksgiving time.  I will be sure to start that same transition with my children!

Saturday:
We got to sleep in!  It was wonderful.  We then got ready for the day, cleaned a bit, I cut hubbys hair, and we packed for the rest of the weekend.  My friend Tiffany got married in my hometown.  She couldn't have been more blessed to have such a beautiful day to go along with her beautiful wedding!  It was perfect!  It was sunny and 70 degrees in November for her wedding!!!  I could hardly believe it.  (for those of you who don't get to experience the dreadfully amazing Iowa winters, it's usually very cold with a possibility of snow around this time of the year).  Saturday night my whole family was able to get together at Tiffany & Jake's wedding reception for drinks & dancing.  Pictures to come tonight!

After that, we were able to meet up with my old good friends, Natalie & Bri & their men.  It was so great to see them!  I hardly ever get to spend time with them anymore, so it was nice to catch up.  Natalie's getting married next year and Bri's having another baby!!!  I'm so excited!  Such big changes in all of our lives and I am so glad that we are able to remain friends!

Sunday:
We woke up early and headed to breakfast with my mom.  Aftewards, we got packed up and headed back home where I was FINALLY able to get most of the leaves taken care of in our yard and cut the backyard once more before winter.  our yard looks so much better!  On a side note, it was such a great day to be raking leaves, because with each stroke I took to rake, 1/2 of them would fly off and out of our yard! haha, yes it's probably considered cheating, but do you think I was going to chase after them? haha no way!

How was your weekend?  We have two weekends in a row coming up that are stay at home weekends!  This hardly ever happens and I am so excited! 

My to do list before Thanksgiving includes:
Buying place-mats & napkins (anyone know a good place to find cute, cheap, brown ones??)
A table runner (I'm also having trouble finding this!)
Buy a gravy boat
Buy my turkey! ( A whopping 25 pounder!)
Change sheets in guest bedroom
Clean house from Top to Bottom!!

It's going to be a busy two weeks!!


6 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Last time I was in the states, I saw some cute napkins, placemats and table runners at Marshalls? Do you have one nearby?

Rachel H. said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! And that's great that you have two stay at home weekends! Good Luck getting everything done. :)

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Sounds like a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Ckeck Kohls and Pier 1. Also you may be able to find them at Marshalls or Ross- but you never know with those places.

Taryn said...

Man- you are so on top of thanksgiving- I haven't even started to think about table runners or place mats. dang.

Meredith said...

Definitely check out Ross or TJ Maxx for napkins. Or Tuesday Morning if you have one nearby!