Tuesday, April 13, 2010

E-mails, phone calls, texts and messages.

Ok, I've got a bone to pick with some people.  I'm not naming names, I've just noticed this for the last hmmm few years and I wanted to get your opinion on the whole ordeal.

Is it just me or does it bother any of you when people don't return a phone call, text or e-mail?  I mean, I understand people get busy, butcomeon!

I usually like to respond to an e-mail almost immediately upon reading it.  Unless, I need to do something before I can respond.  Texts are a given as well, as soon as I read them, I try to respond.  Phone calls &; messages may wait awhile, but I always get around to responding, (ok, so at least I hope I do! And if I haven't responded to you, I totally didn't mean it!  Everyone slips up once in awhile!)

Do you usually e-mail, text and call back when you receive the messages or are you one of those people who forgets or just doesn't have time?

It just irritates me because I think everyone deserves a response at some time or another.  Granted, if it takes you awhile to respond, it's fine, but if you NEVER respond, thats a different story.

What do you think?  How do you feel when someone doesn't respond?

I just think it's rude.  I didn't choose today to write about this because it happened to me or anything, I'm just merely pointing out something that bothers me.  So please don't think it's about any of you! Because it is definitely not.  It's just an observation I've made in the past.

Everyone's lives are just moving so quickly these days and I don't think we take enough time to communicate with our loved ones.  So, take a moment and e-mail your mom back or take a second and text your friend, it couldn't hurt and you may have just made their day.

However; just because I feel this way, doesn't mean that I'm the best at ALWAYS doing it.  So, I won't hold it against you if you forget to text, call or e-mail back once in awhile.... Don't start thinking I'm that mean! I promise, I'm not! :-)   I hope this doesn't make me sound like a complete Debbie Downer.  I'm not sure where it came from, I think it's just an observation that myself and a few others have been talking about.  Don't hate!

I heard this song yesterday, which reminded me of returning message (for some reason) and it brought tears to my eyes..... Take a listen!

The Call by: Matt Kennon

P.S.  If you can tell me how to post a video in my blog, It'd be much appreciated!

4 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

I agree - it is rude. That being said, I must admit that I am probably more guilty than I'd like to admit. Especially with e-mails ... I have a bad habit of checking my e-mail right when I'm about to walk out the door something and really, I should make sure that when I'm checking it, I have time to respond to any that might be there or else sometimes I forget!

Elizabeth said...

I'm told I'm the most frustrating friend in my circle! Because I never, ever, ever return a phone call. Ever. I text back and say "what's up?" but I don't call. I always text tho.

I hate calling. My kids WAIT for me to be on the phone and then break windows and start fires and stuff (ok, not THAT bad but it's not fun!).

Brittany Ann said...

It is rude, but I'll admit, I struggle with this sometimes myself. And now I'm getting obsessively paranoid...

I did return your sweet text yesterday, didn't I?

Murdock's mama said...

I have to admit i'm 'that person' I'm terrible! I always intend to after the girls go down or I'm done checking out of whatever but then i forget. also..my phone is usually dead & i NEVER listen to my voicemails! If anyone actually needs anything they just call my husband!