Monday, April 19, 2010

Tidbits & a weekend recap.

I can't believe it's been almost a week since I've posted!  I've had quite the eventful last week and I am o so excited to tell you about it.

First off, this weekend was nice.  Hubby was on a yearly motorcycle trip with some friends and I Spent Friday with one of my best friends and then hung out with my mom all weekend!  We went shopping, had breakfast, lunch and dinner together and just enjoyed each others company.

I finished a grad class last weekend and turned in my research paper, what a relief!  Though, I still have to finish another class (in 2 weeks) and two classes in June... I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

I bought some new fancy clothes for my "hopeful" upcoming interviews!

I relaxed, got some extra sleep and just enjoyed doing a whole lot of nothing, except shopping and eating!

I spent some time quality time with my besty, Pam, whom I see maybe 2-3 times a year!  We enjoyed pedicures, lunch, shopping and an hour of just sitting outside drinking our tea and talking.  It was like old times and oh how I wish we didn't live 4 hours from each other!  It's just not the same.  See, Pam was my roommate in my later years in college.  We had actually gone to high school together, but weren't what you would have called "friends."  I bought a house when I was 19 and needed a roommate after my first one moved out.  I knew Pam attended the same college as I and so I went out on a limb to ask her to move in.  She said yes and it was awesome.  We had so many good times in that house.  We grilled out on the deck every day possible, enjoyed margarita's, had Friends marathons together, watched tons of movies and just enjoyed life.  I'm so glad that she decided to move in with me, because she is a friend I'll have forever, she is one of my best friends and nobody could ever replace her!  :-)

In other news, my mom and I had a fantastic weekend as well.  She is such a nice generous person and I hope that I "grow up" to be just like her.  She even bought me a dress for my future SIL's upcoming bridal shower that is in just two short weeks.  I'll post more about that later.

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend, Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Murdock's mama said...

Your weekend sounded wonderful! I'm glad you enjoyed it! So you're completely done with your grad program now?! That is an awesome story...I have a few friends from high school that I got close with later too! Such a sign of maturity...I just loved it! Have a great week!

Meredith said...

I can't believe you bought a house at 19! That is incredible!

Lucy Marie said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend! Glad you enjoyed it.

Brittany Ann said...

Glad you got some girl time. You deserve it. And I know exactly what you mean. I love my mom and bestie college roommate, and our times together really are the best.

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

I'm so glad you found a dress! Moms are the best-mine took me out buying nursing bra's ant tanks ;) gotta love 'em!