Thursday, April 8, 2010

My 25th Birthday

It happened.  I turned 25 on Tuesday.  I can hardly believe it.  It seems like just yesterday I was turning 16 and getting my license. Or 18 and feeling the accomplishment of becoming an adult.  Then there was the 21st birthday, O what a birthday it was.  And now, I'm 25.  No longer closer to my 20's than 30's.  After all, I'm 25 and 2 days old now.  Hard to believe I am at my MID twenty's, a quarter of a century, 1/2 way to being over the hill!

What did I do to celebrate this momentous occasion?  Guys, I'm 25, it was a Tuesday and we both work.  We were pretty lame.  I felt like I was turning more like 35 or 45 because we were pooped out by 9:00 and in bed by 9:30.

Anyway, the morning of, I didn't say anything to hubby because I figured he would spring the Happy Birthday on me at any time.  Well as the morning wore on (a whole 30 minutes) he said nothing of the sorts.  Then, he left for work.  Just like that.  Without a word.  I figured, O, he's just in a hurry, he'll call me when he gets to work because he'll remember.  Then he called!  I figured He's calling me to tell me Happy Birthday! Only, he wasn't.  He was calling me about signing up for a masters class.  I waited and waited, as patient as I could before I said Um.... MR!  Do you know what the date its??? And then it came. Oooooo it's your Birthday!!!  I said YOU FORGOT MY BIRTHDAY!?!?  He said no, I remembered yesterday during work and then forgot by the time I left work.  (Now remember, he didn't Actually forget my birthday... I received my present a few days prior because he just couldn't wait to surprise  give it to me.)  So, hubby sorta-kinda forgot my birthday, but not really.  I said you're lucky my feelings don't get that hurt about stuff like this, but you sooooo owe me!

I came home from work, and there were flowers on the front porch (pictures to come), I figured they were from Hubby, but they were from my dear friend Katie and her hubby Scott.  Then hubby arrived home with beautiful lilies and a sweet card.  (I have a funny story about the card, but he made me swear I wouldn't tell.... But I'll probably tell you next week!)

After he apologized for "forgetting" (but not really forgetting), he wisked me off to enjoy a fantastically delicious Japanese steakhouse dinner.  Mmmm it was delish!  Afterwards, we headed home to watch a movie.  Hubby picked the movie, and it was awful.  Sorry Jesse.  Apparently he "thought" it was in the theaters, but after about 16 minutes of watching it, I could clearly tell it had never made it to the theaters because it was so bad!  We finished watching it anyway and enjoyed spending the time together.

Then, it was bed time, because I'm that cool on my 25th Birthday :-)

How did you spend your 25th or if you aren't to the dead center of your 20's-30's yet, how do you in vision you'll spend it? 

On another note, how weird is it that the next big birthday I'll celebrate will be 30? Holy cow!  Come on babies, you need to get here before mama turns 30! :-)

Happy Thursday!

10 comments:

Katie S said...

happy late birthday! I spent my 25th birthday having my appendix taken out!

Anonymous said...

aww happy late birthday!!!

Lucy Marie said...

What a guy!! You are way more patient than me though ... on my birthday, if my hubby doesn't say something before he gets out of bed, I am reminding him! I haven't had my 25 yet but something tells me that it will kind of get skipped over. The baby is due 2 weeks after my 24th birthday, so I have a feeling my 25th will be caught up in thinking about our baby's 1st birthday.

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday! Don't worry, my husband has a horrible memory too haha.

Meredith said...

So which movie was it?!

Happy birthday by the way :)

Sass said...

haha, It was Lex's 40th Birthday yesterday and all we did was go to the mall to look at baby stuff to torture us and grab Burger King on the way home because that's what he wanted to eat.
Pathetic really! lol

My 25th was pretty uneventful for me too.

Happy Birthday for the other day!!

Sass

kBw said...

Happy belated Birthday! I am getting ready to turn 25 in May and I am not ready! I don't have any expectations for the big 2-5, I've never been a big birthday person, but the husband will probably do something very sweet. I hope you have a great night! XOXO

KellyV said...

Happy Belated birthday! We were lame on my 25th: dinner at a place that Rob chose (where he wanted to eat), then maybe a movie but I'm pretty sure I fell asleep halfway through it. Oh, and no present because I said I didn't need/want one (bad idea for the husband that takes everything I say literally!) Rob turns 25 in November and I'm fairly certain I'm throwing him a surprise party the next day via a tailgate party. Speaking of which, need to get on that!

Oh, and it's not so bad being 25 ... but 30, well that's a-whole-nother story :)

Brittany Ann said...

Awww! sorry I missed it! Happy Birthday!

Shaina said...

Okay I am WAY WAY WAY late with this ... but happy belated birthday!!!! I'm with Lucy - if I don't get a happy birthday by the crack of dawn, I have to mention "hey it's my birthday!!!" like 800 times. :) You are TOO nice!!!!