Friday, April 23, 2010

Names are forever

I've worked with children for the last few years and the names of some of them never cease to amaze me.  I've complied a list of my favorites for you to enjoy :-)

Felony
Innocent (her mother was in prison when she had her)
ABCDE (Pronounced: Ab-Ca-De)
La-a (Pronounced:  La-dash-a)
Female (Pronounced:  Fa-mall-a)
Shithead (Pronounced: shi-theede)
Cashe
Milionaire (yes, it's spelt wrong)
Verb

People, I can't make this stuff up!  I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of for now.  So to all you expectant mothers, wanna be mamas and already mamas.... I hope you're thinking twice about that precious name for your new child and  because they will have it forever! I love unique names, but make sure that the child isn't embarrassed by their name someday, names truly do help make the person who they are!  Happy Friday!

12 comments:

KellyV said...

funny - with a friend group of med students & residents, we often have this conversation as someone is always in the newborn unit. the most recent was a mother who saw "circumcision" on the birth certificate and liked it, so named her daughter that?!? seriously ... poor girl - she'll need a seriously good nickname to go by!

Meredith said...

The one that I used to see ALL THE TIME at work was "Unique".

Also, a group of pregnant moms in rehab also all decided to name their babies "Nevaeh", which is heaven spelled backwards. I had like 20 Nevaeh's one year.

I've seen "Female" too.

Julie said...

My friend has a girl in her preschool class named Prynzess.

And my favorite is a story of an ER waiting room. They call the name "Liam" over and over again, and no one answers. Finally a woman says "I think you're calling my son, Yum. He's named after his father, William." Will-yum. Wow.

Murdock's mama said...

Oh.My.Gosh! These are soo terrible! Those poor children!!

Lucy Marie said...

Thanks for helping me decide on a name for my baby. I'm torn between Shithead and Deverbulous!

Mateya said...

Wow! That is all there is to say!

Brittany Ann said...

Yet another reason some people SHOULD NOT be allowed to have children...

Hope Chella said...

I heard of a child named "Thriller" before! Crazy :P

Hope :) xx

http://hopechella.blogspot.com/

Taryn said...

My goodness. You have some awesome names there. Wow.

Ashley said...

So you're saying I should probably refrain from the name Cashe Milionaire? Or is it better when combined? Hahaha.. these seriously are hilarious!

Shaina said...

Yes! Girl, working in social work, you end up seeing SO many crazy names, right?!

Oh, and my fave is K-A - pronounced Kadasha - just like yours!!!!

Unknown said...

Hey, I know Verb! He's a great kid, goes to my church. :) Actually that's how I found your blog, because I was trying to see if there was another one out there... apparently not.

Here's another couple names for you:
Mine's Crescentia, then my kids are
Cherokee
Raine
and Symphony is due in October.

Symphony is named after my sister, Harmony, and my aunt, Melody.