Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What's in a name?

Hubby and I like to talk about baby names every now and then just so we'll be "ready" when the time comes. Yeah yeah, I know... Nobody's ever really actually ready, but you know what I mean. 

So, is it bad that we were actually thinking of changing our 3 year old cat's name to Pretty (which is what we call her a lot anyway) because we're quite fond of naming a future baby girl Josie?  Is that some form of bad parenting?  We'll we haven't done it yet, so we can't be considered bad parents yet! :-)


Allie is on the left and Josie is on the right.
It's odd how we chose to name our cats names that we actually like for baby names.... When are we going to learn??

7 comments:

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) said...

Maybe it could be her nickname?? I read cats will come by more than one name because sometimes when they switch owners the name gets changed and they learn both.

Julie said...

I really like the name Josie for a little girl. I do think it would be a little strange to rename Sophie and call our daughter that, but if you're ok with it, go for it!

Meredith said...

That's too funny!

J and I had names picked out too...and didn't use ANY of the ones we had previously picked!

Murdock's mama said...

That is soo funny...we're always talking names! I guess it's just fun to think about. No worries...Murdock was not a top baby name! :)

Lucy Marie said...

That's so funny! I say go for it.

Letherton said...

cute cats

chelsea said...

That's hilarious. We do people names for our pets too. Oscar is the cat. Delilah and Emma, the pups. I'm not sure we'd ever pick Delilah for a child, but Emma is the #1 baby name right now. ha! oops!