Anyway, back to the chicken dinner. It was a crock-pot chicken dinner and it was DELISH! Probably the best I've ever had! I've copied and pasted her recipe for you all, but I highly recommend heading that way to find some other delicious recipe's. You will not be disappointed! Her blog is: Lucy's Kitchen, go on, you know you want to! I'm terrible at taking pictures while I cook, so here's the recipe and you'll just have to trust me that it looked as beautiful as it tasted! :-) (Until it was all taken off the bone and I was left with all of the yucky stuff)
Crockpot Chicken -
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon Paprika
2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon thyme
1/4 tsp fresh rosemary
1/4 tsp oregano
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 large roasting chicken
1 cup chopped onion
In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices.
Remove giblets from chicken, clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin.
Place half of the onion in the bottom of crock and half inside chicken.
Add chicken to crock pot and do not add liquid. As the cooking process goes on it will produce it’s own juices. Cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours and it will be falling off the bone tender.
Pick the meat off the bone and separate into desired portion sizes, or serve immediately.
Happy
3 comments:
This was totally suppose to be posted on Thursday.... Sorry!
I MUST try this...I LOVE chicken & I also LOVE crock pot meals! Soo easy! :)
Jealous again of your short work week! We'll be in CF Friday evening but have to leave early Saturday to go to IA City. We're going to see the show at the GBPAC...I really miss that place! [& the CHEAP tickets from being a UNI student!]
Thank you so much for the sweet compliments. I think you are pretty amazing, yourself! Glad you enjoyed the recipe. Have a great long weekend. xoxo
Post a Comment