Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Back to the real world

I cannot believe I start the beginning of my 400 hour internship tomorrow!  I'm freaking out, just a little.  I would like to get all 400 hours completed before December when our baby boy arrives.  It's going to be a bit difficult given the circumstances.  I'm only going in M-W, possibly a Thurs or Fri here or there depending on what's going on.  Not all of the hours in the day count, unless they fit into one of our counseling domains.  So, I'm hoping to try and make all 8 hours each day count, but that doesn't mean it will.

Ahh, wish me luck!  I'm sure my days will go a lot faster and I'll learn a great deal of useful information, so that's a plus.

I have to do three video tapes of myself counseling and I'm not looking forward to doing that.  However; I am in one of the most at-risk middle schools in our city (and it's very at-risk), so I think that'll look good on my resume! :-)

Wish me luck in hopes that I don't get mistaken for a student on a daily basis!  We'll see!

3 comments:

Linsey said...

Good Luck!!! I forgot you were starting so soon!! It might be nice that it's only 3 days a week, but I agree, that doesn't help you get your hours in... bummer! I'm sure it will go quickly. I met Erin yesterday when I was at the high school and talked about you a little. She seems pretty nice!

It sounds like you're getting along great with the pregnancy too! That's GREAT to hear!!!

I hope you have a great start to the school year! Hope to see you guys soon!

Shaina said...

You can do it! My internships were the best part of my grad school experience - you learn so much more there than you ever will in a classroom. I can't wait to hear about how it goes! And - I had no idea you were going to be in a school! Can't wait to talk about it! :)

Lucy Marie said...

Good luck! You will be great. I will have my fingers crossed that you can get all of your hours in before baby day!