It was shocking and horrifying to say the least. Did this really just happen? Did someone really just do that? Questions flew through my mind and yet, I think today, they are still unanswered. I cannot reasonably understand why someone would do such a horrible thing to so many innocent people.
I listened to talk radio the entire way home that day, something I would have never thought of before that day. I watched the news and talked with my parents. This is America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. I thought to myself, why would anyone want to attack our country, we are not weak.
Today, just 8 short years later, I am remembering the feeling of those whispers across the school and the truth as I saw it with my own eyes night after night on tv. It was not a feeling I will ever want to feel again, nor is it a feeling that I wish upon my future children.
We must stand up and we must reclaim our true identity. We must remember those who have fallen and those who they have left behind. Take a moment to say a prayer for those who lost their lives and for those who lost their loved ones. Not only those who were lost on 9/11, but for those who have been lost for the past 8 years for fighting for our freedom. Remember:
We are America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.
1 comment:
I enjoy remembering where I was on this day and how things went...I was a senior in high school sitting in my English class. It was SO crazy!
Post a Comment