Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Weekend Recap


This weekend was a busy one!  Friday night was spent running errands and doing a bit of shopping.  We grilled out and had delicious chicken & pork kabobs and twice baked potatoes.  It was sooooo good.  We then settled in to watch a movie.  To tell you the truth, I can't even remember the names of the two movies we watched... haha We headed to bed quite early only to wake up at 7:00am the crack of dawn!  We drove the 3 hours to Mankato, Minnesota to go look at a car that Jesse has been eyeing for a week now.  We arrived after a stop to eat some delicious artery clogging breakfast.  We test drove the vehicle and decided that it was indeed in excellent shape and drove quite nice.  It was just what we were looking for and had all the options.  They wouldn't move more than $100 on price, but it was already a good deal.  So, we offered something different, they said no can do so we left.... Eventually they knew that they called our bluff and we arrived back after just 1.5 hours of thinking it through over lunch.  We bought the vehicle and I allowed hubby to drive the almost the whole way back until we stitched for an hour. 


This, my friends, is the new to us new car we purchased. It's a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT.  Yes, it is a wagon, but it has a hemi! haha It has soooooo much room, probably enough to fit a dead body whole lot of grocery's in it! 
Anyway, so we were exhausted because we didn't get home until about 7:00 pm.  We went to Panera for some dinner (LOVE their soup) and then headed home to plop fall asleep in front of the TV for an hour.  
Sunday we got to sleep in, make some delicious breakfast, do some house cleaning, and head to my hometown.  Our friends Nick & Katie had a beautiful, healthy Baby Girl named Neenah Noelle. We visited them for about an hour or so, went to lunch with my mom and did some shopping.
Sunday night we headed out for dinner and bowling with my family for my mom's 50th Birthday!!! (It's not actually until Thursday, so I'll post a b-day post then!)
We headed home on Monday and didn't do much of anything :-) It was great.  Actually I did work on some homework and hubby finished the trim in the hallway, but after that it was time to relax and cook some dinner.  
Weekends go far too fast no matter the number of days we have!  I hope you all had a great weekend as well!  Enjoy your week! (Starting on a Tuesday!)
Stupid me forgot my camera!!! UGGGGGGGGGGGGG

7 comments:

Rachel H. said...

Congrats on the new car! That's great! And it looks super nice! Sounds like a fun weekend!

Kait said...

Congrats on the new car :) Enjoy it!

And yes, the Taco Soup turned out fabulous. A friend made it first and tweaked it a little, so I followed her instructions and added some chili powder and a can of beef broth :) It was super yummy! :)

Lucy Marie said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Congrats on the new car, I hope you enjoy it.

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

weekends go WAY too fast--but that means they are good :) cheers to another weekend in only a few days!

Kait said...

I followed the directions on the recipe blog perfectly except I added chili powder and a can of beef broth. That recipe never called for Chicken broth though (I don't think, I could have read it wrong! Ha!)... There should be a link to the recipe blog in my post :)

Penny said...

HAHA! I love how you MIGHT could fit a "dead body" (wait, what? LOL) in your car. :)

Kayla said...

Well, so far we are loving the car, except hubby has taken it to work the last two days... I think he's liking it a bit more than I! haha