Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thankful Thursdays

Photobucket


I am thankful for:
  • Fall.  Yes, I'm always thankful for fall around this time of year!  I love caramel apples, apple cider, candy corn & peanuts, Halloween decorations, sweatshirt weather, window's open weather, cool crisp air and trick or treaters!
  • Staff meeting days at work.  Usually we have a potluck afterwords, but today we're going to Huhot which is a Mongolian grill!  So excited!
  • My brother.  We may have not always been super super close, but I have a feeling in the next few years to come we will grow even closer.
  • My husband.  He's been working 70+ hours this week and will do it again next week.  He still comes home, gives me a kiss, and does something incredibly dorky to make me laugh.  He still has the energy to talk with me, ask me how my day was and even fix a thing or two around the house.  I'll always be thankful for him.
  • My parents.  Whenever I have something go wrong that needs to be fixed, I still call my dad, even though my hubby can usually fix it.  He was always my go to guy when something needed fixing before I met Jesse.  And my Mom.... Words cannot describe how great she is.  She is my best friend and I wouldn't have it any other way.  We have our days when we get mad at each other, but at the end of the day, I know I can always count on her and trust her with everything.
  • October being around the corner!  October 4 is our 1 year anniversary!!  We are celebrating by going to Chicago!  I asked hubby to do the planning since I planned most of our wedding. We'll see what we'll be up to while we are there, I cannot wait!
  • Holidays.  Thanksgiving is my most favorite time of the year and it's just around the corner!  Well after Halloween and all of those cute kiddos!! :-)
What are you thankful for??

4 comments:

Meredith said...

We are going to Applebee's here for lunch at work--exciting, even if I do have to pay for myself!

Rachel H. said...

I totally relate with your comment about turning to your dad when you need something. I do this too, and I think it sometimes really bugs Grant, because he wants to be the one that I turn to.

Shannon Dew said...

As much as I try to deny it, I am excited for fall too!

Taryn said...

Awesome- I LOVE caramel apples too. yum.

I am so happy for you that your parents are so close- your brother even more- and that you appreciate our husband so much!

Have fun in Chicago!