Sunday, October 4, 2009

Happy Anniversary!!

Today is our 1st Anniversary!  I cannot explain how quickly this last year has flown by!  It's incredible.

I once heard the quote: " I hope the day you get married is the day you love each other the least".  I thought this was very powerful and o so true!  Your wedding day is and should be the most important day of your lives (obviously until children come, maybe or maybe not.). 

Each and every day when my husband comes home from a long day at work and he kisses me hello, it reminds me just how lucky I am to have found the true love of my life, my best friend, my companion, my soul mate, my partner in crime, my wonderfully, lovable, generous, forgiving, honest, hardworking, amazing husband!

I've decided to make a list of things of 10 things that my husband does that I love:
1)  He never leaves the house in the morning without coming back into our bedroom to kiss me goodbye.
2)  He always comes home happy (no matter what kind of day he had)
3)  He always kisses me hello and goodbye everytime he comes home or leaves.
4)  He always wants my opinion on everything he does, whether he thinks I understand it or not (engineers!)
5)  He would rather show me anyday how much he loves me than speak the words.  He once told me that actions speak louder than words and why shouldn't it apply to love?
6)  He knows how much it means everytime he says those three little words to me, so he does say them
7)  He knows I usually cal, e-mail or text him once during the day while we are at work.  If I don't, he finds it odd and calls, e-mails or texts me.
8)  He would rather stay at home with me and cuddle up to a movie than go out, any day.
9)  He is goofy and will do anything to get me to laugh.
10) He loves me regardless of my flaws.

With that being said, here are a few wedding pictures none of you have seen:



Jesse~  Thank you for all that you do.  Marriage takes work, compromise, and love, none of which are lacking from our relationship.  I never knew I would be so lucky as to have found you and to have fallen in love with you. My life would not be complete without you and I am so thankful that you are in my life.  I cannot wait to celebrate many more years with you by my side as my one and only, my husband.  I love you more than the day we got married and tomorrow, I will love you even more.  XOXO


8 comments:

Shaina said...

So sweet!!! Happy anniversary - I hope you have a fabulous day together!

Brittany Ann said...

So beautiful! Happy Anniversary!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

happy anniversary hun!!

Lucy Marie said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope your day is amazing!! xoxo

Cat said...

HAPPY 1st ANNIVERSARY!!!! Hope you have many more wonderful years together!

beckylbranch said...

Happy Anniversary and MANY more!!!! Looks like you had a beautiful wedding and I'm sure you'll look back on those pictures someday with and say "wow, wonder if I can still fit in that dress?" LOL-just kidding...but ya know...when you are 90 who knows!

Rachel H. said...

So sweet! Happy Anniversary! Congrats on a great year! :)

Taryn said...

Oh my- I do like that saying- it is very powerful and different than most quotes about marriage.
Congratulations!!