Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Our Anniversary Weekend

This weekend was perfect!  It gave us time to relax and just enjoy each others company without any distractions!  Before I tell you more about our weekend, let me catch you up to speed.

It was my husbands job to plan parts of this weekend because I planned most of our wedding.  Let's just say that he didn't disappoint. I cannot believe that we have been married for over a year now!  It just seems so odd.  Does that mean we are no longer newlyweds?  How long are you newlyweds??  Anyway, without further-a due, let me tell you about our Anniversary Weekend!

Friday:
We both took off today so that we could use this as a travel day.  We headed to my hometown to drop off our puppy at my parents, then went out for Mexican food with my mom.  Then we were on our way to Wisconsin to spend the night with my in-laws.  We went out for dinner that night with my in-laws, my brother in-law and his girlfriend.  It was so nice for everyone to get together for a change.  It doesn't happen very often.  After talking for about an hour after dinner, we called it a night.

Saturday:
We got to sleep in, which was amazing!  We woke up to spend some more time with my in-laws and had breakfast, which was delicious!  After breakfast, we spent a few more hours just hanging out before we decided to get on the road.  We arrived in Gurnee, IL around 2:30ish.  Jesse took me shopping at Gurnee Mills, which if you haven't been there before is a HUGE mall.  It took us about 4 hours to walk one direction in the mall and we only stopped at about 10 stores.  After shopping till we dropped, we headed back to our hotel to check in and get settled.  Jesse booked us a 2 night stay at Key Lime Cove Waterpark resort.  It was so fun!  Our hotel had it's own whirlpool and when we walked into the room, there was a dozen red roses waiting for me! :-) Yes, mr engineer himself got me the most impractical gift for our anniversary because he knew that I would enjoy it so much! I loved my flowers!  We then got ready for dinner and headed to a Japanese Steakhouse (sorry no pics).  Apparently, when its the slow season for 6 Flags, everything else is slow because we were the only ones at the restaurant!  It was delicious though and our cook was hilarious.  We went back to the hotel room to enjoy our whirlpool and a bottle of wine.  It was fabulous!






Sunday:
We slept in, went to Cracker Barrel for a delicious breakfast and then back to our hotel room to hang out.  We then ventured to the water park at our hotel, which was not as fun as we thought, but very cool for younger kids.  We then went to our hotel room to get some more use out of our relaxing Jacuzzi.  After relaxing, we got ready and went to The Rainforest Cafe for a light lunch before heading to 6 Flags Great America's Fright Fest.  We had so much fun going on all of the rides.  The best part was, the longest we waited in line was about 5 minuets!  We got to go on every ride we wanted to, went through a haunted forest and just spent some quality time together.  We also got a caricature done which was pretty fun.


Hubby playing an intense game at Cracker Barrel!




Our drawing and my beautiful flowers.  If you look closely, hubby put our rings in the picture too! :-)


Monday:
We headed back home today.  What a wonderful weekend.  I couldn't have imagined it better myself.  My husband did a great job with the surprises and we were just able to relax and spend some quality time together.  Thanks Jesse, for making this 1st Anniversary amazing!!! I love you! :-)

4 comments:

Rachel H. said...

Sounds like a wonderful anniversary weekend! Spending time with family, as well as, enjoying some relaxing time just the two of you! Congrats on your 1st year of marriage! :)

Kait said...

What a great weekend! I totally think you are newlyweds until you don't feel like newlyweds anymore :) We are coming up on 3 years and I still feel like a newlywed most days ;)

And as for those spiders, that's the first one I've seen here, but I've heard that they are pretty common out in the "wild" ;) And I freaked out when I saw it! Ha!

Lucy Marie said...

It sounds amazing. You definitely deserved it. And you look beautiful in those photos. I wrote a post once about how long you stay newlyweds. We've been married three years and I still feel like we're newlyweds!!

Taryn said...

Sorry this is so late- but congratulations! I am glad you had a good time.

I think you are a newlywed until you don't feel like one anymore. I am starting to feel like less and less of one everyday . . .