Thursday, October 8, 2009

Random Thoughts

So, this post will be very random, try to stick with me!

Does a certain smell or season ever trigger memories?

Today, its very chilly, very fall like.  Fall reminds me of the day my husband too me on our first date.  It was back in October of 06' and it was a chilly fall day.  For some reason, when it gets just a bit chilly, the smell of the cool, crisp air reminds me of that day so well.  It brings back memories of a first true love and of happiness.  I suppose maybe it's because this is a good memory that my senses always remind me of it around this time of year.  It's lovely.

It is my favorite season, mostly because it means the holidays are right around the corner, I can look forward to good food, family time and laying in front of the fireplace at my parents.  It also reminds me of apples, pumpkins, beautiful leaves and great fall TV.

Anyway, just wanted to share that with all of you, since I know you have nothing better to do than listen to me ramble on.

Tonight Grey's & Private Practice are back on!  I'm pretty excited.

Have any of you started Christmas shopping?  I've found a few things on ETSY that will be perfect for Christmas gifts!  Other than that, I really haven't started.

I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year, for the 3rd time.  Last year the meal was even better than the year before.  I'm hoping the trend continues!  I probably basted my turkey 75 times to make sure that it didn't dry out on me.  How embarrassing when I have people traveling up to 240 miles to be with us for the holiday!  I'm excited, it's my favorite holiday and I get to host it for my family and for my in-laws.  That is, if everyone can make it.

In other news, I'm feeling pretty blah about my job right now.... I think it's the fact that somethings aren't going just the way I like and the fact that I'm soooooo close to being able to have my license as a Professional School Counselor. I cannot wait until the day that I'm doing what I want to be doing.  I.Just.Cannot.Wait.

I also have baby fever, but that's a story for another day :-)  No, we aren't pregnant, but hopefully we'll have a baby within the next year or so.  Only God and Time will tell.

Have a wonderul Thursday and remember, Tomorrow's FRIDAY!! :-)

4 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

WOOHOO FOR BABY FEVER!! :)

Rachel H. said...

Yay for Baby Fever!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys! :) That's awesome! And I wish I was hosting a holiday...I should offer! :) Then we don't have to drive.

Meredith said...

Baby fever is totally dangerous!

I'm contemplating hosting Turkey Day as well...we shall see!

Lucy Marie said...

How awesome that you're hosting Thanksgiving. That is wonderful! I really want to host ours next year. I've never had a chance to do it yet.
Also, I totally get what you mean about the smells. We got engaged 4 years ago from this past weekend, and the fall smells/sights etc always remind me of that day.