I wonder what searches will lead curious minds to this post! :-) (Insert evil laugh....)
Anyway, this weekend my parents visited to watch the beloved Iowa Hawkeyes go 8-0!
Here is the conversation that happened during a portion of the game:
Mom- I know something I can get you both for Christmas! (While putting on a blanket)
Me- You are not buying us a snuggie! (I think these things are the most hideous inventions ever made!)
Mom- No, on QVC they had the original creator of the that blanket and it's actually called a "Slanket"
Me- Mom, those are dumb.
Mom- What if you want to change the channel, you have to take your arm out of the blanket to change it!
Hubby- (in his most loving, yet sarcastic voice)Yes, its so difficult to take your arm out of the blanket to change the channel, I don't know if I can do it anymore!
Mom- See! I knew you'd like one.
Hubby- Those are so stupid, I can't believe people buy them.
Mom- (all while laughing) I'm getting you one anyway!
25 minutes later, Hubby brings the subject back up and makes fun of my mom....
Hubby- So, what do you do if your hands are cold or your back is cold because it's open in the back like a hospital gown?
Mom then replies- Yeah, I don't know.... But now I know you're getting a skank blanket for Christmas!
Dad, hubby & I all stare blankly at Mom....
Me- Mom, what exactly is a skank blanket? Does it come fresh from the factory dirty covered with holes?
Mom- Laughing hysterically says- Wow, I havent' heard that word in a long time, I'm not sure how I came up with that word....
Dad- I can't beleive you just said that! I don't know if anyone would want a "skank blanket"
Me- And now we definitely don't want one!
I still think she might buy us one, only as a joke. Apparently she thought they were very cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
LOL at this whole convo!
I don't understand the slanket/snuggie thing either!
Too funny!! :)
That conversation could have very easily taken place between me and my mom. The other day I asked her if there were any DVDs my dad might like for his birthday and she said, "Oh, we don't listen to those things much anymore." I had to clarify DVD, not CD.
This was super funny! Sounds like something my mom would say.
Skank blanket .. I love it.
LOL I am dying for a snuggie, I'm not going to lie!
that's funny! Skank Blanket, comes complete with a tramp stamp and slippers for a walmart outing. :-)
Haha, exactly Risa! Wow, thanks for brightening my day! :-)
Post a Comment