Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Not a very fun way to start my morning...

Doing this...

Credit:

No, that is not me and no, they did not take that much... but it sure felt like it! 

I'm like a 10 year old child when I have to get blood taken.  I have to lay down, have my fruit snacks ready and pray for a miracle.  If I sit up while doing it, or sit up too fast afterwords, chances are, I'll pass out.  No.Joke.

How on earth am I going to ever have a baby??

6 comments:

Sass said...

Pray that you don't ever need a blood glucose test!!!

They take soooo much blood over an hour...
by the end of mine I was actually asleep in the waiting room from lack of blood!!!

:D

Julie said...

I completely understand. I have to focus on taking slow, deep breaths and I'm usually ok. The last time I had blood drawn she stuck me and nothing came out. She said, "Hmm, I'm in the vein but nothing is happening" and all I could think was, "Whatever you do, please don't stick me again!" Luckily she didn't have to.

Mateya said...

Yikes! I get weak and tingly just thinking about having blood drawn. I hate it!

Lucy Marie said...

tehehe. That's funny to me. I have never been queasy about getting blood taken but I know so many people are. I'm glad you made it through okay!

Brittany Ann said...

I am the same way! All the time! This is why I want do natural childbirth! Keep all those needles away from me!

Taryn said...

Ooo- me too! I fainted once after seeing too much of the needle being taken out (and wow- I am getting light headed just thinking about it)- anyway- I know your pain. Even since then, the nurses come and distract me with children's toys when they take my blood. You know- the ones with oil and water that are brightly colored? Yeah. But I have not fainted since.